Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920...

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920... #1  

jambx

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB, ZD21-60P, 1949 US Baird Beaver
Well it was only a matter of time - the title says it all - I have decided that my next attatchment purchase (a core aerator) is now on hold. Since I would only use something like this twice / year, not to mention the cost for these are ridicules so I started my quest for a 3 pt snow blower.

I have no issue going in reverse and I want my FEL handy for snow banks (mail box area) and firewood duty.

So without breaking the bank I would like to get feedback on what brands you guys run. Do these turn up used often?....(maybe someone here is sick of going backwards :D)....

Any suggestions on brands, quality and most importantly value?

Thanks,

~jim

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920... #2  
The one thing I would say is that you should get a 60" wide blower for that tractor. I would say that any brand will do the job.

I run a 60" Meteor with no issues at all. These blowers - for some reason - suffer from a bad reputation among people who never used one.

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920... #3  
some snow blowers are more recognized nation wide then others and some do blow better!

look at the blower, a tight fit moves lower snow amounts better because of more wind and they normally blow better especially when built with four impellers vs three.

Besure the auger flighting is strong if you are going to be blowing old banks do to the ice chunks you might get into.

I do like RAd tech as well as the provonost blowers

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920... #4  
Hey jambx I have an L3400 & picked up a (barely) used Normand N60 (60") with hydraulic chute & deflector on Craigslist a couple of months ago. Its a hefty - weighs about 700lbs - but one tough mother. They didn't spare any steel building this.
I certainly have given it a workout this winter. I fact I just came in from using it to clean up the cul de sac we live on. The plows are making a mountain up there. There was a nice mixture of snow / slush / ice that it handled well.

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920... #6  
The one thing I would say is that you should get a 60" wide blower for that tractor. I would say that any brand will do the job.

I run a 60" Meteor with no issues at all. These blowers - for some reason - suffer from a bad reputation among people who never used one.

Ive got a Kubota 2620 and the Meteor 60" 3 point blower. My driveway is gravel and over 600' long and I live in the southern tier of Western New York State (known for lots of snow). This setup is a dream to use.
Funny thing is around this area everybody seems to have a Meteor and I've never heard a bad thing about them. Like you said, probably a bad reputation among people who have never used one.

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920...
Thanks guys for the tips - I was thinking 60 inch was pushing it so now that is my target size. As for ctgoldwings find on craigslist (I read about this in a previous post of yours) - that is awesome but would never happen to me - I am the kind of guy you avoid getting behind in a grocery store - the line will never move. :)

I assume I can easly swap between my blade and a 3pt blower - my thinking is for the "light" stuff use the back blade but for anything over 6 inches use the blower - maybe this is too much trouble but I hear the blowers really shine when there a lot of snow (ie this year)..

Cheers,

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920... #8  
If you end up going with a new one, I think the Kubota unit can be used front or rear. Probably cost more but if you get lots of snow and decide you want it on the front later you just by the hitch and pto extender.

I dont get enough snow in DC (or so I have thought) or I would wander down this road. I already have the front hitch for my plow.

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920... #9  
jambx,
yes that's how Most who live in the Great Northeast feel too.Been getting hammered by storm after storm with another coming Wednesday. Snow blower is the way to fix that issue I know I miss mine that was on front of BX23, now B3200 with 60" fel and 72" BB. Snow piling up and I'm always knocking down banks.Snow blower is in my plans in real near future, or bigger Kubota and bigger blower.
DevilDog

/ Which 3pt Snow Blower for B2920... #10  
Just a thought. I have a rear mount and plan on putting a blade of some sort on the FEL. Light storms, I will windrow the snow into the middle of driveway and than make one pass with blower.

I've had a Meteor and and couple of Lucknows. Both were rugged, but the lucknows' threw the snow further. But whethers it's 20ft or 100ft, it's out of the roadway and no banks! just do your research and find a deal.