Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy

/ Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #21  
Just got a battery pack back from Ridged Lifetime warranty. Internal documentation suggests a limited warranty. 90 Day and 3 year limited warranty. What gives? Are they renegging on the lifetime warranty?

I had lifetime Ridgid tools and called in when one failed. Sorry we have no record of your purchase..
Worthless ..
Dumped all Ridgid everything and went on a Dewalt shopping spree!!

/ Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #22  
Just on HOLD for a long time, AFTER speaking with my Depot for a while to get all manner of new numbers, old numbers, new SN, Old SN, and OTHER ten digit numbers all required to get the replacement.

Due to unusually high call volumes, blah, blah, blah. But the people are usually nice when you get through.

Scandalous though! Home Depot House Brand! They should warranty that OVER THE COUNTER, at the STORE! BS, making people jump through these hoops! If its gonna be lifetime warranty, MAKE IT EASY!

OR: THEY got your old battery, THEY sent you a new one. THEY have and control the database, so why don't THEY simply update it? Scandalous! SHITTTY way to honour a lifetime warranty!!

Between a trip to the depot to drop off the battery, and another to pick it up, both done in conjunction with other trips, in my case, and the time to register, you would need to be pretty happy with this tool line, to make this a selling feature over other brands.

My tools are not heavily used and the line has not let me down. I wish they had a much larger tool lineup though.

Last edited:
   / Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #23  
I was in the Makita camp but their quality let me down. I had several cordless drills break and the parts made it too expensive to repair. The final straw as a 3 speed 1/2" drill. First the fastest speed stripped out and then the middle speed went. Since they had NiMH batteries I switched to Milwaukee. I've had no problems with my M18 fuel 1/2" impact. It's not light by any means but it does about 90% of what I need an impact for. If you are going to get one I would strongly suggest getting one that can remove lug nuts. I have several trailers with tires of varying ages. None show dry rot but I always take a spare. You never know when you'll get a flat so along with a spare I have my impact wrench.

My experience with "lifetime" warranties is that just the original is covered. If they replace, say the battery, then you've used up the warranty and now just get something short. Not like the good old days with Craftsman. Back in the day Sears would repair or replace it with almost no questions asked.

/ Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #24  
They are all mostly interested in bashing each others brains in, in these consumer and pro-sumer cordless tool wars! Making stuff that looks more like transformers, with all this over-moulded garbage, rather than making simple looking, high quality tools.

/ Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #25  
Many people think that a DeWalt is a Dewalt, Makita is a Makita, etc. It isn't easy to make fair comparisons when looking within a brand, and even more so when comparing different brands.

Being more familiar with the DeWalt line, I notice differences in tools being sold by different vendors. Should be simple to get a Drill/Driver kit for example - but they're not all the same. Looking at the details, things begin to stand out. They may come with different batteries, or even different models of the tools themselves. Here are examples of a kit from Lowes, Home Depot and our company store:

Attachments

• HD Kit.JPG
    HD Kit.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Lowes Kit.JPG
    Lowes Kit.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Company Store.JPG
    Company Store.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 69
   / Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #26  
People comparing 20 year old or more nicad battery tools clouds the water even more.

/ Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #27  
People comparing 20 year old or more nicad battery tools clouds the water even more.

Big 10-4! Battery tools have come a LONG way since I started working with them around 1970. The first ones I remember were very weak 1/4" drills.

I carried a 3/8" CORDED VSR because of that. I bought bits intended for Yankee screwdrivers for running screws, and cut the female end off a 3/8" extension so I could chuck it in the drill to use sockets. Came in real handy to remove the zillion screws in switchgear so we could climb in and terminate.

/ Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #28  
I had lifetime Ridgid tools and called in when one failed. Sorry we have no record of your purchase..
Worthless ..
Dumped all Ridgid everything and went on a Dewalt shopping spree!!

DW is Black and Decker. Overpriced chinesium stuff. I'll stick with my HF Li-ion stuff (Bauer). Use them constantly, no failures yet... (2 years now). Might as well buy HF, I know it's chinesium.

/ Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #29  
Big 10-4! Battery tools have come a LONG way since I started working with them around 1970. The first ones I remember were very weak 1/4" drills.

I carried a 3/8" CORDED VSR because of that. I bought bits intended for Yankee screwdrivers for running screws, and cut the female end off a 3/8" extension so I could chuck it in the drill to use sockets. Came in real handy to remove the zillion screws in switchgear so we could climb in and terminate.

My cordless circular saw is good enough to build a deck with. It wasn’t that long ago that cutting 5 2x4s in half would be too much for one. I hardly ever use a corded drill anyone and when I do it’s a big one.

/ Which battery powered impact wrench should I buy #30  
Many people think that a DeWalt is a Dewalt, Makita is a Makita, etc. It isn't easy to make fair comparisons when looking within a brand, and even more so when comparing different brands.

Being more familiar with the DeWalt line, I notice differences in tools being sold by different vendors. Should be simple to get a Drill/Driver kit for example - but they're not all the same. Looking at the details, things begin to stand out. They may come with different batteries, or even different models of the tools themselves. Here are examples of a kit from Lowes, Home Depot and our company store:

I don't by kits because they are not consistent with batteries and many time they contain tools I will ever need.... Only buy singles and specifically a tool I want/need...

Dale