which bucket ...

/ which bucket ... #1  

mcgill72143

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3320 Cab
ordered the 2320 with the loader and I think it comes with a 49" bucket....is there really a big difference in going to the 53".....I haven't taken delivery yet so I could still change to the 53" bucket...I think my dealer has both sizes on his lot.....but is it worth it guys...? and do yall know what the price difference would be to step up ....thanks :thumbsup:

/ which bucket ... #2  
Get the 53. I don't know the price difference, but I have the 53 on my 2210. Unless you have gates or the like, I can't imagine wanting smaller.

/ which bucket ...
just talked to the dealer and he said he would recommend staying with the 49 because of the added stress the 53 would cause to the front axle ...:confused:

/ which bucket ... #4  
just talked to the dealer and he said he would recommend staying with the 49 because of the added stress the 53 would cause to the front axle ...:confused:

He probably does not want to sell you one...

/ which bucket ... #5  
i had the 61 on my 2520....have no idea why you would want smaller. Just because you have a big bucket doesn't mean you have to heap it with heavy loads.

/ which bucket ... #6  
I'd get at least the 53. I have the 53 on my 2305 and have never had an issue. The difference in weight of the buckets alone is miniscule, probably 10lbs. Granted you can fit a tiny bit more stuff in the bucket than the 49.

/ which bucket ... #7  
Will the 49" cover the width of the tractor if so y go to the 53", your only talking about 4" and is it worth spending the extra money. If the 49 does not cover the width of the tractor then yes i would go will the larger bucket.

/ which bucket ... #8  
53 will cover tires. 49 would be real close.
Again, bigger is better, no need to fill it.

/ which bucket ... #9  
i had the 61 on my 2520....have no idea why you would want smaller. Just because you have a big bucket doesn't mean you have to heap it with heavy loads.

It Doesn't? :) Somehow I always end up full.
But I'd go with the 53" as its not likely to add that much more stress, but you may need the extra capacity sometime.

/ which bucket ... #10  
Just went to JD website under "build your own"/utility tractors/attachments for pricing.

The 49 inch "quick change" bucket is $50 more than the 49 inch "pin on" bucket. The 53 inch "quick change" bucket is only $33 more than the 49 inch "quick change" bucket.

From reading many previous posts, most agree the 53 inch quick change is the way to go.