Which Bush Hog for a new Kubota 3540?

/ Which Bush Hog for a new Kubota 3540? #21  
Hi, I just got my new Kubota 3540 and want to run a 6 foot cutter. I hooked it to a Woods 720 and it ran it but just barely. Would it run a Woods bb72 any better?

Hello,

For your 3540 I would put a Bush Hog SQ160 behind it. It's a very well built 5' cutter. Bush Hog makes top of the line mowers and i know you'd be well satisfied with it's performance and reliability. The Squealer SQ160 and SQ172 is definately better built than a Woods Brush Bull 60 or 72. Look at the sides and back of both brands, or step on top of the decks (without the mower running!) and see which ones 'give'.
I thought about buying Woods years ago when i had my choices. I have a friend and uncle who had Brush Bulls... Glad i went with Bush Hog.

/ Which Bush Hog for a new Kubota 3540? #22  
One of the first things you might want to look at is the height adjustment as I feel you have aqnother problem!!!

You should always adjust your cutting height with the front of the deck lower then the rear when cutting! I see to many people cutting with the whole length of the deck instead of just the front. Big Big difference in the horsepower needed.