which excavator

/ which excavator #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the input guys. The gehl that I did try is quite reduced in price but what bugs me a bit is that its a 2000 model. It has only (7) seven hours on it but still, its already 4 years old. The machine has house levelling which is a bonus. Anyway will let you know what happens. My kubota dealer has the new kx41-3v but it came without the bucket, so I will have to wait another week or so til it arrives.
I believe 2000 was there first year produced, is the quality on par with the newer models?

Andyman )</font>

What is the model? 242?

If you are referring to is the Gehl 2000 model on par with quality? Yes I am sure it is. 4 years old? Does not matter. It is still state of the art. I believe it is the only line of mini Ex in existence with the house leveling feature. It is very useful in my work.

The Yanmar 4 cyl diesel is bullet proof. Everything is first rate.
No (bad) surprises, all good.
Does the model you are looking at have the full cab, heat, stereo package etc?
I have the factory owners, parts and yanmar manuals etc. if you have any questions.
When you say a good price? I bought my 362 new in 02 in the vicinity of 45K 0% interest. Yes I paid a lot. But you get what you pay for (usually) and I have been very happy with mine.
Charlie

/ which excavator
The manufacturers plate says model year 2000. It is model #222, with house leveling. It does not have the full cab, just full frame and canopy. As soon as the snow melts I will be giving the kubota and gehl a workout. They want 33,000 canadian for the gehl, and almost the same for the new kubota kx41-3v. The brand new gehl 223 which replaces the 222 would sell for 40,000.

Thanks for the responses I really appreciate your time to write back.

/ which excavator #13  
Big difference between 4500 lbs and 3000 lbs. The weight plus the leveling house should would definately tip the scales for the Gehl. Model year doesn't matter a bit. I would go for the Gehl. I have a larger Hitachi 44,000 lbs and have spent quite a few hours on a 12,000 lb Tachechi as well as several smaller Kubota models and will tell you that the weight differential will make a lot fo difference in what you can do with the machine. The Tachechi was an excellent machine.

Andy

/ which excavator #14  
If you don't get the Gehl can you let me know where it is? I live just south of Buffalo, NY and wouldn't mind a drive up North of Buffalo with the trailer in tow /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. My NH dealer sells Gehl excavators so support will not be a problem. Heck, they might even be able to transfer it down here for me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Of course you have to say you don't want it first and tell me where it is. Take care.

/ which excavator #15  
Robert I see you still haven't found you a good excavator.. We spoke awhile back about them but can't remember what happen. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway I thought I would chime in here and tell you of a 1996 Mitsubishi MM30SR that I've found with 1800 hrs on meter ???? ~7500#'s, blade, open canopy, rubber pads mounted on steel grousers, knuckle boom, depth indicator, real nice shape but with cab plastic body damage spots. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm not sure if I need this and thought maybe it will be of interest to someone out there. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Darin
716-942-6318

/ which excavator #16  
andyman, have you checked out the yanmar excavators. they have an expandable track model that will fit through a 36" doorway, the tracks also raise and lower to work on uneven ground.

/ which excavator #17  
Robert, What size excavator are you looking for? I have a 2000 john deere 27zts which is 6,400 lbs. it has blade, auxiliary hydraulics, quick coupler. 2400hrs. nice machine.
Email me if your intrested.

/ which excavator #18  
I had forgotten about that. At the time we had just bought another truck and didn't need another deduction. We are going to need another deduction this year so I am pushing for a mini excavator. Do you still have your Kubota?

As for what size, well it needs to stay under 8000lbs, have a front blade and be something I can get parts for. We will use it for working on job sites redoing foundations, digging footers, removing and prepping sidewalks and a host of other things like tiling and such. Something the size of the Bobcat 331 is what we are looking for but we still have to push numbers and see how it pans out before we buy. Right now I can rent a Gehl (slightly smaller then the 222/223) for $140 a day. So it has to be a great deal for us to consider buying (but the thought of adding another machine to our small fleet is tempting /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

/ which excavator #19  
I see. Well I think it's time we speak again about this. The unit I was describing is $11,000 and you can get any part you will ever need for this machine from here in NY so that is not a problem. Looking forward to hearing from you or ???

Darin
716-942-6318

/ which excavator #20  
If you're going to be doing some heavier work, than what a KX41 can handle (those are SMALL machines) than I'd get a KX121. We rent those out and those are NICE machines! The newer ones, the 121-3 are excellent machines, if you have the money or wanna make payments. Also available on the 121-3 and not available on the -2 ("older") models is the quick coupler. Very nice to have a QC but only if you switch buckets frequently on the job. Put a hyd. thumb on it and your good to go. Powerful machines, reliable and so on.

Blake
WA