WHICH HOSE GOES & RELIEF ADJUSTMENT

/ WHICH HOSE GOES & RELIEF ADJUSTMENT #1  

grsr3

Bronze Member
Just attached my new Chinese hoe (I think it's the same, or very similar to the LW-6) to my 25 HP Kama tractor. The hoe has a large hose and a small one. I have the large one bringing the fluid to the hoe and the small one returning to the pump. I just read an article saying the large hose is usually the low pressure side and returns the fluid BACK to the pump--which is the opposite of the way I have it. It seems to work OK, but it is a little hard to control smoothly. It seems to jerk around a lot. Do I have the hoses reversed???? And do I need to adjust the relief pressure----which I don't know how to do. Any thoughts. I can post a picture of the valve bank if needed. Thanks, George

/ WHICH HOSE GOES & RELIEF ADJUSTMENT #2  
The large hose is should be the return to tank line, and the small hose should be the pressure.
To set the relief valve you will need a gauge to check the pressure.

I picture is always helpful...

/ WHICH HOSE GOES & RELIEF ADJUSTMENT #3  
As a general rule, the high pressure supply hose feeding the valve is attached to the valve body near the relief valve. A pic would be helpfull.

/ WHICH HOSE GOES & RELIEF ADJUSTMENT #5  
One scary point.

The large return hose is usually NOT RATED FOR PRESSURE. The small hose is rated, probably to 2500 psi or 3500 psi. The large hose may only be rated for 500 psi. You should get it the right way pretty quick, or it may burst and make quite a mess.

If you post pics, you should get more advice.

jb

/ WHICH HOSE GOES & RELIEF ADJUSTMENT
OK folks, here's the scoop. Reversed hoses (by switching quick connect ends). Hoe did not work at all---seemed to lock up all hoe hydraulics. Put hoses back the way they were----large coming from loader to hoe, small coming from hoe back to pump----it did work that way before. But BAD NEWS----strange sounds from trans area---hoe did not work---shut off tractor---noticed slight smoke from pump---pump red hot---disconnected hoe---reconnected hoses to loader circuit---started tractor and ran loader to bring cool fluid to pump---pump cooled quickly---everything OK. What happened??? Did do one other thing before putting hoses back to original configuration. Could this be the cause.
I didn't like the outer boom moving inward when I pushed the stick outward---so I reversed the hoses-at the boom, not the valves bank. I figured it would just reverse the piston action without affecting anything else----was I wrong?????
See pics at Photobucket grsr3 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I also coiled the extra hose to keep it out of the way---shouldn't be it---I don't think.
Pics also show fuel tank with tapping ABOVE the halfway mark---thats crazy. I've run out of fuel a dozen times already---only have half a tank available. Any ideas on that???? Also have a pic of my subframe attached with 1 1/4"
bolts I got for nothing---couldn't find a hitch that big----bolts work fine.

/ WHICH HOSE GOES & RELIEF ADJUSTMENT #7  
Well it is hard to tell which hose goes where in those pics with the valve buried down in the structure. In the picture titled "Leaking Seal", that large slotted fixture(looks like it would take a very large standard screwdriver) on the right side of the picture looks like it may be the relief valve. I would say your supply line should connect there. In your last two pics, you show some hoses. It appears that the pump is fed from the left side of the hydraulic resovoir. There is a QC on the pump outlet that connects to the hoe? and the line out of the hoe connects to a line that appears to run forward on the right side of the tractor? Where does that line run? I have seen reference on some of these chinese hoes I have researched, to a check valve placed in the return line. Also most of these systems use a resovoir on the hoe frame below the seat to feed the tractor mounted pump and don't use the tractor hydraulic resovoir.

As for the fuel tap on the side of the tank, that line runs directly to the injectors, and is a return line TO the tank from the injectors for excess fuel that leaks by the injector mechanism and is not injected. Your fuel supply should be on the Bottom of the tank with a valve and perhaps a clear sediment bowl. I would guess left bottom near the front.

Hi Ron,
Will try to explain pics. In pic 1741 you can see the original circuit showing the line coming from the loader valve bank to the pump---I say "to the pump" because the pump has an arrow on it showing rotation counter-clockwise. It seems to me the fluid is going in the right side and out the left----although I'm now thinking it could come in the left side, from the reservoir and filter, and out the right-maybe I'm thinking about this backwards---how do you know which way it's moving?? If you are right and flow is coming out the right side then pic 1437 should be the right hook-up for the hoe----but this way locked up the system. It's hard to tell but in 1437 the small hose is the one coming from the right of the pump and the larger one is going forward to the loader control. When I had the larger hose going to the hoe and the smaller going to the front it worked----but people are saying the bigger hose should be the suction side, not the pressure side coming directly from the pump. Which is it???

/ WHICH HOSE GOES & RELIEF ADJUSTMENT #9  
OK, I'm confused. When I am confused I ask questions and speculate, so here goes.
Do you have any pics of the forward hydraulics, such as the loader control valve and the associated plumbing? I am a little confused by the dscription of your plumbing and your hydraulic system. A pump suction is usually fed by a resovoir. It then pumps the fluid to a valve where the fluid can be diverted to cylinders or motors, pressure can build as needed and work is performed. From the valve, there is either another high pressure line to another valve and a low pressure return line back to a resovoir, or just a low pressure return to the resovoir where the oil starts the cycle all over again.

Does this rear pump feed your loader also? What model Kama do you have? Did it always have this rear pump? The reason I ask this last one is that these backhoes usually come with a pump that bolts in that location and is hard plummed to a resovoir on the backhoe frame below the seat bracket. When you install the hoe, you back up to the hoe and shutdown. you then install the pump and restart the tractor and engage the PTO to get hydro power to the hoe to move it around and align the mounting points. This pump pumps oil from the hoe resovoir, to the hoe controls and back to the hoe resovoir with no other connections to the tractor.

I know some chinese tractors use a rear pump for the loader hydraulics. Is yours this type? If so, then to use the hoe, you need to either go from pump to loader, to hoe, to resovoir or pump-hoe-loader-resovoir. Whichever route you go, requires that the upstream valve be power beyond capable, or have 2 outlets, one high pressure capable and the other a low pressure return to the tank. These backhoe valves are not typically that type. They have a high pressure inlet and a low pressure outlet designed to go to a resovoir. How many hoses are attached to your loader valve, 6 or 7(4 of those being the lines to the loader cylinders)?

Perhaps it would be easier to draw out your plumbing. I often use the paint program that comes with windows to draw out ideas. Attached is a bitmap I drew in paint for my 284's hydraulic system. You can open it in paint and zoom in(CTRL + PageDown). Perhaps you can edit it to show how your lines run in your complete system so we can get a better idea of how things are connected and perhaps a better idea of what possibly needs to be changed.

Attachments

• 284hydro.bmp
    111.1 KB · Views: 170
Hi Ron
Sorry for not being clear. Will address each question as it appears in your post.
Yes I have a picture of the loader valve--just posted it on photobucket--it's something I had on my computer and is not the best angle but if you zoom in you can see it--if you need better let me know. And yes, the rear pump is the only pump and it does feed the loader valve first---(I just found my Koyker loader valve schematic and now know what I did wrong), but will continue. The tractor is a Kama TS254C. It came exactly as you see it with the pump at the rear. The backhoe does not have a pump, or a reservoir. It is the 2nd type of pump design that you describe in paragraph 3. The loader valve does have 2 returns. One is the power beyond line, which is the one I should have used to go to the hoe inlet(small hose). The other goes to the res. There are 7 hoses attached to the loader valve. I should have looked for that loader spec before I bothered everybody, it clearly shows everything,---sorry. Going out now to re-connect everything the right way. Will let you know what happens.
Geo.