Which is the better deal? Used CT235 or new Mah 3616?

/ Which is the better deal? Used CT235 or new Mah 3616?
Thanks guys. I think I have written off the CT235. To many hours on the meter and no warranty to speak of even though the price is nice. I'm not worried about parts on it. Just don't want to inherit someone else's head ache. I did talk to a tractor dealer in Manteca and they have a ton of tractors this size available. I'm going to drive over on Friday morning to take a look. Mainly Massey Ferguson but they also have Mahindra's too. Speaking of which one dealer has contacted me and they did come down some on the price of the first dealer's Mahindra But not what some of you guys are saying these things should be selling for (18,500 tractor AND loader. I don't think those deals exist today). So they are still in the hunt for a sale as well. Who makes the LS series? My first thought was New Holland but I guess not huh? Bruce

/ Which is the better deal? Used CT235 or new Mah 3616? #12  
It's possible I'm steering you wrong re: the Mahindra price. However, 18.5k is msrp for the tractor, and 3k is retail for the loader, that suggests a retail of 21.5. You should be able to get 15% or so off for an out-the-door price, which would put in you in the $18k range for tractor and loader. Maybe someone who's actually bought one of these recently could chime in, or maybe do a search on the Mahindra forum, if you haven't already. Wait a sec...

MSRP on the ML115SKC loader is $4940, just fyi. I long for the days when they were in the $3000-$3500 range. So the tractor and loader MSRP is about $23.5k. 15% off would give a street price of $19,950 using this method. Every dealer is different on how they price, I just chimed in to give some additional MSRP info, specifically on the loader.

/ Which is the better deal? Used CT235 or new Mah 3616? #13  
I'd go new before a rental return.

/ Which is the better deal? Used CT235 or new Mah 3616? #14  
You need to do some more shopping. There are several Mahindra dealers in Northern Ca that will get you a better price I believe. From what I've seen on TBN, you should be able to get a tractor and loader for what the tractor list price is. Check with Dave's tractor, he can either get you a price and or recommend someone else. They are the West coast distributor for Mahindra and usually pushes whatever dealer is close by for you.

IMO, you should really take a look at the LS tractors and their West coast distributor is just a few miles from Dave's Tractor. As far as I know, LS is currently THE BEST BANG for your buck. Pretty much all the tractors are pretty good machines these days, but you will find that some just fit YOU better than others and that should be taken into consideration IMO. All the different makes do not offer the same options either. These are all things that should be considered.

Good luck. ;)

/ Which is the better deal? Used CT235 or new Mah 3616? #15  
Who makes the LS series? My first thought was New Holland but I guess not huh?

LS is actually it's own brand. They've been making tractors for quite a while (started in 1975 as a division of Hyundai) but only started selling them under their own name for 4 years. They make the Boomer series for NH, and at least some of the Farmall series for Case/IH.

/ Which is the better deal? Used CT235 or new Mah 3616? #16  
While I'm signing up for a 'newie', my NH dealer offers 0% financing on ~$17k-something for 72 mos, but .... 'cash' price is $1500 less. I might save a few bucks at my credit union with a good (or shorter) loan that I can pay a few $$ extra on and further trim the total interest. If this is like the new car biz, a salesman may make more on in-house financing than on the iron. (he and 'tractorcredit' get theirs up front, btw) YMMV, but shop well among your financing options.

/ Which is the better deal? Used CT235 or new Mah 3616?
Well, I had another dealer contact me yesterday. They quoted 23,300 for a 3616 shuttle, FEL, box scraper, Auger with 12" bit. So getting better. I'm going to take a drive tomorrow and talk to another dealer who has MF's and a bunch of Mahindra rental returns with less than 50 hours on them. B