Which is the better deal??

/ Which is the better deal?? #11  
While I think Kioti makes very good machines, it's always wise to not purchase a new model its first year out. Given that you have not been able to drive it, and that the price is not that far off, and that the Kubota is tested by time, it seems the BX is the way to go. IMHO

/ Which is the better deal?? #12  
<font color="blue"> that the price is not that far off </font>

It's not only the price but the features on the tractor. The Kioti has position control(nice feature for grading the 400 foot driveway), loader with the much higher lift and roughly about 600lbs more weight.

Feature for feature the Kioti CK20 wins hands down verses the Kubota B7500. (not sure how the BX entered into this comparison, it is a much smaller tractor.) Kioti has a proven record with successful previous model rollouts and appears to have their act together in the quality and engineering department.

The B7500 is a nice tractor but IMO it's missing some important features that Kioti is offering on the CK20.

Just my .02 cents worth...

/ Which is the better deal?? #14  
Ken -- I was totally uninterested in Kioti at first, because our local dealer is a no-service-after-the-sale slug. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif But I've seen a few at ag shows and was impressed with the construction and their apparent commitment to stand behind their products. I drive a Kubota, but only because the Deere I wanted (4300) was a new model with serious initial quality issues at the time I was in the market. If you have those same new model concerns, share them with your dealer and see what he has to say. If he's confident in his line he might throw in free pickup and delivery as well as a loaner tractor in case of product failure.

You never know unless you ask. Pete

/ Which is the better deal?? #15  
I got the bx from the previous post and then realized the original post was about the 7500 (oops), but that's really not relevant to my main point--which is that even though Kioti makes excellent tractors, etc., etc. buying the first model from a new line of tractors might not be the wisest thing to do.

/ Which is the better deal?? #16  
<font color="blue"> even though Kioti makes excellent tractors, etc., etc. buying the first model from a new line of tractors might not be the wisest thing to do.
</font>
Understood....however, Kioti has designed the CK20 packed with quality features, that makes it difficult not to look at it quite seriously.

/ Which is the better deal?? #17  
I think we'd all like to take a look at them, but there are none to look at so far as I know!

/ Which is the better deal?? #18  
Soon my friend, the CK20's will be here soon... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Which is the better deal?? #19  
Jonathon and Shoppingtractors,
I put the BX into this post. But only as my experience when researching a tractor. It came down to a known (BX2200) model versus two new unknown models (MF GC2300 and Deere 2210). The Deere had some improvements over the BX, most notably the 3 Pt Hitch. But I didn't feel comfortable with a brand new model. Both were hard to see. I think the same Deere 2210 went up and down the east coast to all the ag shows last fall /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So as the poster is in a similar situation with the Kubota and Kioti I thought I would add my relevant experience even though the Makes and models were different.

Phil

/ Which is the better deal??
Jimhelfrich, the Kioyi dealer is Group Farm Equipment in Bedford, Pa (814) 623-0747. Travis Group is the owner and a straight shooter. He gives the bottom line up front and really cares about his products. Also, does'nt bad mouth the other brands, (highly appreciated). The Kubota dealer is McCoy's Equipment, New Paris, Pa (814) 839-4141. Excellent folks and their service is next to none including the cheapest shop rates in the area. Both of these guys talked about their brand only. No pointing fingers at the other tractors. I must say, this is the first time out searching for a tractor and it has been a pleasent experience. I knew what to expect from all the expert knowledge I gained from this site and am most appreciative.

I really liked the specs of the kioti and I'm sure it will be a winner but I need a tractor this weekend, so, I'll get the Kubota and have it delivered the next day. I think the price is more than fair based on used B7500 prices in the area. McCoy's has a 2 year old B7500 with 186hrs and lawn tires for $11900 (bottom line). Heck, I get a new tractor for $350 more. Can't beat that. It seems the Kubota has a very high resale value and thats something you need to take into account.

Again, I want to thank all of the TBN'ers for the knowledge they share with us. It has made a difficult decision much easier. When my baby is born, I will share the pics. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ken