Which Kioti?

/ Which Kioti? #1  

cdhd2001

Silver Member
Which Kioti tractor model compares to the John Deere 2320? Any big differences?

Estimates for the price of the Kioti model with a FEL?

Thanks!

/ Which Kioti? #2  
I would look at the CK 20 with hydro. Though the hp is a little less, the hydraulics are more capable, the loader stronger, and the back hoe that is available has greater digging power. The mower decks on the Kioti's are not quite as good perhaps, and there isn't much availability of front mounted snowblowers, and blades. It is only my opinion, but I think the 2320 is perhaps a better machine for all around property maintenance (snow, grass, leaves, etc.) and the Kioti is perhaps better at ground engagement chores like heavy loader work, and bh work, etc.

/ Which Kioti? #3  
cdhd2001 said:
Which Kioti tractor model compares to the John Deere 2320? Any big differences?

Estimates for the price of the Kioti model with a FEL?

Thanks!
A straight HP comparison would give you the CK25, the bigger question is, what are you going to do with it? Do you want gear or HST drive? The Kioti's tend to be heavier which will be better for ground engagement work, the JD will be better if your primary task is lawn stuff, it is lighter by almost 1000 lbs, if I remember correctly. Prices vary tremendously with location. Here in Maine I have quotes in the mid $15's for a leftover 07, new 08's they are asking about $1K more for same thing. I have a friend that just bought the same thing in Penn for mid $14's. You need to price in your area.

/ Which Kioti?
IXLR8 said:
A straight HP comparison would give you the CK25, the bigger question is, what are you going to do with it? Do you want gear or HST drive? The Kioti's tend to be heavier which will be better for ground engagement work, the JD will be better if your primary task is lawn stuff, it is lighter by almost 1000 lbs, if I remember correctly. Prices vary tremendously with location. Here in Maine I have quotes in the mid $15's for a leftover 07, new 08's they are asking about $1K more for same thing. I have a friend that just bought the same thing in Penn for mid $14's. You need to price in your area.

My JD is a great "little" machine. But my needs and projects have turned out to be bigger than I expected. My biggest issues with the current machine is ground clearance and hydro cooling using a fan instead of a radiator. All in all, I have ended up needing to do more heavy "tractor" work and less "lawn" work. So, I thought I would see what else in available in a larger machine and compare capability to price.

Thanks!

/ Which Kioti? #5  
ChuckinNH said:
I would look at the CK 20 with hydro. Though the hp is a little less, the hydraulics are more capable, the loader stronger, and the back hoe that is available has greater digging power. The mower decks on the Kioti's are not quite as good perhaps, and there isn't much availability of front mounted snowblowers, and blades. It is only my opinion, but I think the 2320 is perhaps a better machine for all around property maintenance (snow, grass, leaves, etc.) and the Kioti is perhaps better at ground engagement chores like heavy loader work, and bh work, etc.

Chuck saved me having to write virtually the exact same comparison. I think overall the CK20 is heavier and "tougher" but the JD has nicer lawn mowing options and property maintenance capabilities. If you're working mostly near the house the JD excels, if it is in the field then the CK has advantages.

/ Which Kioti? #6  
cdhd2001 said:
My JD is a great "little" machine. But my needs and projects have turned out to be bigger than I expected. My biggest issues with the current machine is ground clearance and hydro cooling using a fan instead of a radiator. All in all, I have ended up needing to do more heavy "tractor" work and less "lawn" work. So, I thought I would see what else in available in a larger machine and compare capability to price.

Thanks!

I'd think the CK would be an upgrade for the type of work you are talking about but it is not really a much larger machine than the JD. You might also consider a larger JD if you are happy with the brand or consider a CK30 if you really want something bigger. My own philosophy when I decided to upgrade in size was to at least double the major capacities. Anything less than double and it would have probably made more sense to just take the extra time to do it with the original CK20 which I loved.

/ Which Kioti?
IslandTractor said:
I'd think the CK would be an upgrade for the type of work you are talking about but it is not really a much larger machine than the JD. You might also consider a larger JD if you are happy with the brand or consider a CK30 if you really want something bigger. My own philosophy when I decided to upgrade in size was to at least double the major capacities. Anything less than double and it would have probably made more sense to just take the extra time to do it with the original CK20 which I loved.

Thanks! Good, sound advice.:)

/ Which Kioti? #8  
If you're near the DFW area I'd be glad to let you play with my CK30, it's in Montague county.