Which mower…

/ Which mower… #11  
The chains keep the mower level front to back. I said they attach to the 3pt hitch SORRY that's wrong. To the back of the tractor at a fixed point.You drop the 3pt. and the chains hold up the front not the 3pt. You drop it, and it drops to the same position every time.

/ Which mower… #12  
My tractor does not have those......my RFM is perfectly level front to back and side to side.....no complaints with it

/ Which mower… #13  
Finger Lakes,

I have had both a 62" center mount mower (on a 595) and a RFM on my current machine. Although the RFM is quite a bit larger than that on the 2210 I have some thoughts for you. First, listen to Dutch. He is the man. I would be surprised if JD sells many of these mowers with the Frontier line out there. If I were looking for a RFM for that machine, I would get the I match compatable Frontier, not the 261. They have lots of wheels and rollers and are a snap to attach and detach. They also (in my mind) cut as well as, if not better than, the 62" MMM. The only drawback is that they do protrude some from the back of the machine, which is more prominent in the 2210 because it is a smaller machine. If this does not bother you, then that may be a good choice. I would not choose a 261 over a MMM, though.

John M

/ Which mower… #14  
I would have to agree with you.....while I like my 261 and it does a great job cutting, I did not have a Frontier option at the time. I missed it by a year. Rear-discharge is probably the best route when mowing a pasture.

/ Which mower… #15  
Garchib,
Did you buy the extra gage wheels for the 261? Doesn't make
sense to me that Deere sells them without them,, I guess that's another reason I don't sell many... that pushes the cost up pretty high compared to other RFM...

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Which mower… #16  
I am not sure what you mean Dutch......the mower has the neumatic tires that are pretty good size....I got tired of them getting punctured, so I had 'em filled with foam /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Which mower… #17  
The 261 mower only comes with 2 wheels from the factory... the 2 extra gage wheels for the tractor side of the mower are an option, for more money. I don't think they are worth anything wtihout them,,,, do you have 2 or 4 wheels?

any of the woods/frontier etc mowers I've seen lately come with 4 wheels..

/ Which mower… #19  
This is from the configurator...

Configured Features - Required
BASE MACHINE $2,320.00
2744M 261 3-Point Hitch Side Discharge Rotary
Mower For 790, 990, 2210, 2305, 4010 Thru 4410
and 3120-3720 Tractors.

Configured Features- Optional

Qty Code Description Price
1 BM16230 Gauge Wheel Kit $271.00

I regularly sell 72" Frontier mowers for under $2000.... probably another reason I don't sell many 261 or 272 mowers..

but,, they are a good rugged mower... several of them are in munincipal usage around here

/ Which mower… #20  
Thanks Dutch for the info.....you learn something every day....what do I get for 271 dollars worth of wheels....does it help that much with keeping it level ? Let me know your thoughts..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif