Which New Tractor

/ Which New Tractor #11  
"Service after sale" is like getting a new wife, after the ceremony it ain't always what you were led to believe.

/ Which New Tractor
Good reasoning, I think all married men experience that in one way or another.

Thanks
Scudbait

/ Which New Tractor #13  
<font color=red>Good reasoning, I think all married men experience that in one way or another.

<font color=black>Reminds me of a joke one of my friends always tells:

"Science has determined that there is a food that actually lowers women's $ex drive.............wedding cake"

Soundguy

/ Which New Tractor #14  
I've had MF135 and a MF253. They were both good machines. The 253 is now a 263 and is head and shoulders above the 231S. The 231 is MF's "value line" and was manufactured in Romania (I believe) for several years and I was told recently that they are now manufactured in Turkey. Between the tractors you listed, Mihindras are far ahead (in their Korean models - the Indian models are old technology and are huge hunks of iron, but basically 40 year old designs). All the major tractor companies are international corporations and their product line reflects the same. The best value in tractors seem to be Korean at this time. It will be interesting to see which one/ones rise to the top in sales. At this time it appears to be Kioti and Mahindra. I sold my MF 253 and bought a Kioti DK-45. No regrets, and I certainly would not go back. Good luck in you purchase. Ted DK-45

/ Which New Tractor #15  
Yup, everone is right. No matter color, race, or creed they are all good tractors. Depends on your pocketbook mostly and what kind of service you expect when you have problems or just plain parts/maintenance issues. I would reccomend talking with the neighbors in your area about the dealers and actually visiting the service department to get a comfortable feeling with the people you will need in the future. Tractors all have problems but most of them can be fixed fairly easily but it can be very hard to deal with a service department who doesn't treat you as a "VALUED CUSTOMER"

/ Which New Tractor #16  
welcome to the forum! don't forget to look at the KIOTI if u have a dealer near u. lots of guys like them

/ Which New Tractor #17  
The Massey 231 was built in Poland by Ursus.

As for the New Mahindras,the 00 series is not based on the old IH licensee tractors. All new design,and a 3 year warranty to boot!!

/ Which New Tractor #18  
Personaly i would go with the mahindra, but maybe that because i have one. You're in Texas, mahindras are assembled in texas, parts inventory is in Tomball Texas. Im in the northeast and very happy with mine and dealing with the dealer and company, excellent tractor. If you looking at larger, you have the 4110 korean tractor and then the 4500, 5500 and 6000 all in 2wd and 4wd indian made. All are a great product you wont be dissapointed with the quality and reliability.

/ Which New Tractor #19  
I am doing pretty much the same thing with 53 acres near Lufkin. Wound up with a Kubota MX5000 with shuttle shift. The more I use it the more I like my choice. It stays at my uncles place until a home can be built for it. We are still clearing a poorly done clearcut. He now uses the bota more than his Ford 6000. We got the best deal in Nacgodoches. They beat everybody around us.
MX5000
502 FEL
Rhino SE-6 (6' bush hog)
16' pipe trailer (can't remember the correct term for it)
$19,800
I can email you the dealer name if you want it.
Mike