Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #1  

SCDolphin

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240: Craftsman GT6500
I need some help. I have been looking at tractors for about 1 year. Had a 750 JD years ago so started there. Looked at blue tractors.........looking in 35-40 hp range c a FEL and I thought hydrostatic.

Fell in love with the Kubota 3130-4330. I have never seen a Kioti and there is no dealer within 50 miles of me so can some one who has looked at both Orange tractors tell me why I it would be worth my time to buy Korean
Orange..........How to they stack up in price and quality.

The NH had more room in TC35 & TC 40 and I liked where the joystick was located down by the right fender, but transmissions noisey and it seemed like the motor was rougher than the Kubota.

Thanks

SCDolphin

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #2  
My service tech/adviser was certified kubota, case and new holland tech for 22 years and he can't believe how much more substantial the Kioti is, over the Kubota, for the price. Hands down the Kioti is heavier, stronger and considerably less money.
You will get many different opinions on this site, but you wont find complaints on the Kioti.
Dave G.

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #3  
Dave,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You will get many different opinions on this site, but you wont find complaints on the Kioti. )</font>

... except maybe that their dealer network is not as widespread or available to the public in some areas.

For example. When I was shopping I heard of Kioti, wanted to look at them like I did all other brands, but there were NO dealers in my area. Thus, no Kioti for me.

This is still an issue, although it is improving in some areas.

Kevin

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #4  
Back about 4 years ago I was looking at Green, Blue, and Orange to replace an old Ford 8N. I heard about the "Korean Orange" but there were no dealers within a 100 miles at the time and the distribution network was in a state of change.

I have since looked hard at the Kiot tractors and watched them change. I purchased a Kubota over the Green and Blue for several reasons which were mostly personal preferences.

At the time resale value was a large consideration when looking at a Kiot. As time has gone on the Koit has proven itself to be a well made machine and the dealership network is increasing and improving.

If I was in the market today I would give the Kiot a long hard look. I do really like the Kubota I have and have no regrets what so ever. Weight is one of the factors that helps you use horsepower and the Kiot is one of the heavier tractors for a given horsepower.

Happy tractor hunting.

Randy

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #6  
Hey Dave, just how much MORE SUBSTANTIAL IS a Kioti than a Kubota?

We are all dying to know. We ALL DESERVE to know, don't we?

So impart this wisdom!

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #7  
Ken's does run an ad in the local newspaper now and then but never does he ever include a location. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif To this day I do not know where his dealership is.

All the ads he runs list a website for viewing and a phone number to call. I think he is located far off the beaten path somewhere and it appears to be maybe a part time operation?

Randy

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #8  
<font color="blue">Ken's does run an ad in the local newspaper now and then but never does he ever include a location. To this day I do not know where his dealership is.
</font>
From the Kioti dealer locator...

Ken's Tractor Truck Service
24 Sullivan Center Road
Keene NH 03431

(Randy...well written post)

Don

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #9  
Some of the main differences between Kubota and Kioti that set them apart are as follows:

Heavier 3-pt. linkage than Kubota, more 3 pt lift capacity, thicker castings with gives more weight to the tractor, all metal radiator with large cooling capacity, heavier power steering cylinders, more features standard (foldable rops, extendable lower links, square tube adjusters DK Series). More stable operator’s platform, Kioti uses a dual air element filter system, Kubota is single. Aux Remote Standard on all Kioti DK Series Tractors. Shuttle Transmissions on all Kioti Models (except LK2554, soon to be replaced by CK25 8x8 Shuttle) these are just all the main differences I can remember from the farm show last year and looking over some Kubota flyers. The models I was comparing were the Kubota L2800 and the L3400 to the Kioti LK3054 and the DK35.

/ Which one Japanese Orange or Koren Orange #10  
Well done Jon.
Please don't misunderstand, I would never put down another product publicly. I will however talk up the product that I sell with whatever truths I have at my disposal. I don't want people to dislike the other orange tractor, I want them to like mine better.
All the comparative info is easily available online except pricing, and pricing is a distinct advantage for Kioti. Much like it was for Kubota 20 years ago.
The consumer still has to make the ultimate decision.
Dave Gaudet