which portable generators do people have

/ which portable generators do people have #521  
bullbreaker you are in Naples area, right?
I am north of fort myers.
I checked out my troybilt with briggs 10 horse 8550/5550 and spent 1.5 hours getting it to run. Flywheel rusted up a bit so no spark. But it starts 2nd pull now. i was in HD a few days ago and everyone had supplies and bottled water but me. They were suggesting to me to get water. I said I was on a well, had a generator and an R.O. system for drinking water..

/ which portable generators do people have #522  
Yeah old thread I know ! Sold my Yamaha EF2400iSHC some days ago dureing pre Dorian sw Fla panic .
Rite now down too my JD 404CC 14hp Subaru powered genny . From what I hear Subaru for rite now not makeing gennys .
That dang Subaru powered JD of mine been a beast of a genny . E start n recoil bk up . Never given me a lick of trouble . No oil filters on them . I change the oil before OM specs , no biggie . You dont see many of them around , some even came in yellow .
If your ever in need for one and run across one priced rite imo dont be afraid to buy it .

Subaru shut down their small engine and small equipment production in October 2017 to concentrate on their automotive lines.

/ which portable generators do people have #523  
bullbreaker you are in Naples area, right?
I am north of fort myers.
I checked out my troybilt with briggs 10 horse 8550/5550 and spent 1.5 hours getting it to run. Flywheel rusted up a bit so no spark. But it starts 2nd pull now. i was in HD a few days ago and everyone had supplies and bottled water but me. They were suggesting to me to get water. I said I was on a well, had a generator and an R.O. system for drinking water..

Yes se Naples rite near Picayune Strand on Everglades Blvd 34117 . Yes on a well .

/ which portable generators do people have #524  
Champion dual fuel 7kw for running the house via a transfer switch.

Have two predator 3500 watt inverters and a 50 amp parallel kit for running the 5th wheel camper

/ which portable generators do people have #525  
I have been using a Colman 6500 start 5500 run generator since 1998 and it still working ok, gets run about 2-3 times a year for power outages due to blizzards, I have a 200 watt service on my power pole and when power goes out I start the generator then go out to the pole and put the power lever in the off position then plug in the generator and move the lever down for generator power, it is enough to run furnace, well, lights and a few other needs then I have a Sportsman 4000 for my camper and a Kipor ig3000 for a backup to run water pumps or my camper.
I am looking at getting a 12-15k gen for my home that starts automatically when power goes out, it will run on propane.

Jim

/ which portable generators do people have #526  
Champion dual fuel and Duro Max Beast.
Will probably put them to the test if Dorian hits in 2 days. 20190904_021757.jpg20190904_021725.jpg