Rotary Cutter Which rotary cutter?

/ Which rotary cutter? #11  
Can't comment on the particular models you mention and you gave no price comparison. Some of my buddies own Bush Hog brand and all speak well of it. Some other friends, including me, own Woods equipment and all speak well of it also. My Woods is a 6' finish mower, gearbox drive. Disremember the Model# at present. If everything I owned worked as well, held up as well, as my Woods mower I would "almost" have no complaints in life.

Don't think you can wrong with either. Consider price and pick the one you like best. Hang it on the tractor and go safely.

/ Which rotary cutter? #12  
Take a look around your area for a Land Pride rotary cutter. I bought their 4ft model last year and it's been a real good piece of equipment. It came with the chain guards (front and rear) and stump-jumper. It's made very well and even after 70-80 hrs use isn't beat up (dents, etc.) like a lot of cutters I've seen. It's not the cheapest piece of equipment out there, but seems to be made pretty good. The two things I like best: easy to hook up and very quiet for a rotary cutter.

Bob Pence

/ Which rotary cutter? #13  
A question only tangentially related to this thread: what kind of rotary cutter is compatible with the PTO of a Ford 340 A? We attached our 4' Bush Hog Razorback to it, and damaged the Bush Hog and the Ford. Alos, what kind--if any--trail-behind mowers are out there (beside the reel-type) that don't need the PTO ?

/ Which rotary cutter? #14  
I have a King Kutter rotary mover it is very well made. Down here in South Louisiand Chicken trees are a pest they grow three times faster than grass. This mower has no problem cutting them down to size. Price was lower of many others that I found also. check them out at www.kingkutter.com this mower looks good and works tough.

/ Which rotary cutter? #15  
9/28
A word to the wise. While I agree Woods makes good as does Bush Hog, there is a big difference in how they relate to their dealers.

Bush Hog apparently gives all dealers about the same deal (20%-20% off retail if they pay the invoice within about 2 or 3 mos), while Woods varies the discount widely depending on the volume, etc, of the dealer with them. That just might influence how a store carrying both presents them??

If you want a good deal on Woods and live anywhere near NC, call Leinbach Machinery in Winston-Salem, the biggest Woods outlet on the east coast. Their prices average about 30% off list. And BTW, they manufacture some of their own implements--scoops, rakes, etc.

Biggest Bush Hog seller in the US is Gilbert Implements in Orange, VA, about 50 mi from me. 2nd largest is Theros (the guys handling the Spreader Grader loan, Fredericksburg, VA), where I bought my 1287 hog. And Scott Moore, BH Product Manager, is tops in my book. I have never waited more than a few hours for return e mail from him, and we talked for over half an hour a few mos ago on the phone.

But my local shop (which sells only parts and implements, not tractors) offered almost as good a deal on BH.

Have fun,
Jim