Which size rear finish mower

/ Which size rear finish mower #1  

Grn mtn boy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 GST with R4s and a Woods LC108 loader / John Deere 1025R with 7 Iron deck
I'm looking at replacing my old Ford 930A 72 inch mower will a new Sicma but was looking for some feed back on which size to get. My Kubota L3830 powers the 72 inch fine so I was wondering if anyone has tried running a 84 inch mower with a tractor of similar HP? Sicma specs 40 PTO HP minimum for their 84 inch model while Woods specs 36 HP. My Kubota falls short by a few ponies but was curious about real word results. Any feedback would be great.

/ Which size rear finish mower #2  
Not familiar with Sicma, but a L3830 would operate an 84" or 90" RFM ok. It would need to go slower if the crop was tall/wet/dense but it would do it.

/ Which size rear finish mower #3  
I run an 84" Woods (PRD8400) with my 30 PTO HP JD (3520) and am very happy with performance. I primarily cut an old pasture every few weeks, removing 6" to 8" of mixed grass & weeds. Get an excellent cut at 5 mph with no power issues.

/ Which size rear finish mower #4  
Sicma also markets under Phoenix and First Choice. Kioti also chose it for their OEM mower. Italian and top drawer. Love mine. As for the size, that's a tougher question. I'd hate to have more than I could take through slightly taller, slightly rougher grass. I'd NOT put more on than my PTO hp matches up or is required. That's just me. If you grasses are whimpy, then it wouldn't matter so much.

/ Which size rear finish mower #5  
My tractor has 34 HP (28.5 PTO HP).
I run an 84" First Choice (Sicma) mower with no problem at all.
Your 3830 will run one with ease.

/ Which size rear finish mower
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll spring for the 84 inch when I finish saving up the cash.