which snow blower is better?

/ which snow blower is better? #11  
I have a rear mount for my tractor and a front mount hydraulic on my Toolcat.. either of which would be way better than option 2. Dealing strictly between picture 1 & 2 the huge advantage in my opinion is unless you have a LONG straight away snow removal job there is no way to get into corners, tight to a building and if its wet heavy packing snow you will have the tractor tracks to deal with as well. by definition you are a tractors length away coming up to any object unless you can run parallel to it which would be great in theory but tough in real life other than doing a run-way.,.

/ which snow blower is better? #12  
I thought the second option (pull type) is the cats meow for backing up to a building or garage door, dropping the blower and driving away. No stupid little pile left as with the other style.

/ which snow blower is better? #13  
I would never use either type. If you live in an area with significant snow the only rational way to go is with a front mounted blower for the reason previously mentioned

/ which snow blower is better? #14  
For the snow blower mounted on tractor rear 3 point hitch, mostly are working when tractor run reverse. like this:
View attachment 473153

And some are working when tractor run forwarder, like this:
View attachment 473155

I personally like the second one, what is your opinion?

Depends on how much snow one has to remove...or how great an area. With a mile long drive, I'd prefer the pull-behind. But I don't have a mile long drive and the rear mounts requiring travel in reverse (which I did have and I'm looking for a replacement) are quite a bit less expensive.

/ which snow blower is better? #15  
Definitely option number two except in rare circumstances. Only major disadvantage is the price. The pull behind blowers are more maneuverable, easier on the neck, and still allow you to either leave the FEL on (with a pusher, plow, or bucket mounted) or remove it to be a more compact package.

There are advantages to each and it will depend on your situation.

Whoever said you can't drive through more than 3" of snow is completely incorrect.

/ which snow blower is better? #16  
For the snow blower mounted on tractor rear 3 point hitch, mostly are working when tractor run reverse. like this:
View attachment 473153

And some are working when tractor run forwarder, like this:
View attachment 473155

I personally like the second one, what is your opinion?
I've had both, and personally I prefer the "pull" type. No more soar neck but I did have a long drive to plow and if i had to buy again, I'd go with the pull type. Yes they are "more" expensive, around 2,000 more but well worth it for me. As stated, you do need a bigger tractor to pull them, my Kubota L4200 with loaded rear's had no problem at all. Now, I use a front mounted plow. If I were to buy another tractor, it would have a "front" mounted blower.

/ which snow blower is better? #17  
I have a mile long gravel driveway. Sooo ... when I had the Ford 1700, I also had a rear mount pto snow blower. It was only used to clear the berms when they got too high along the driveway. I sold it seven years ago when I bought the bigger Kubota. As I remember, it took about three years for my neck & shoulders to "straighten out". Now I can clear the drive with just the rear blade on the Kubota. Should I ever get snowed in - not happened in 34 years - who cares? I'm retired and will simply enjoy the solitude.

Aczian - Yes, that was an expensive arrangement the school district bought. What made it even more unusual - the entire implement - blower, pto shafts & rear drop down who-dingey thing were not even sold by the Kubota dealer. The blower and all associated stuff was made by Schulte and sold by a completely different dealer over 75 miles away. The Kubota salesman tried to get them into a hydraulic driven, front mount blower but, as he indicated, they were insistent on this setup. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Since it was MY tax $$$ - I certainly hope they were happy with their choice.

/ which snow blower is better? #18  
   / which snow blower is better? #19  
There are problems here with ice build up in the wheel tracks with a conventional snowblower. A drive through will cause a build up much faster and higher rendering the roadway unusable to automobiles..

/ which snow blower is better? #20  
Drive through snowblower is useless unless your idea of snowfall is 3 inches

Tell that to all the folks in Canada that have been using them for decades....they work great, and on far more snow than 3".