Which Tiller?

/ Which Tiller? #31  
A tiller is something that goes behind my tractor. I've done my fair share of wrestling a TB tiller and unless fortunes really turn on me I will never walk behind a tiller again.
View attachment 857954
It all depends on circumstances and how you garden. For many years, I used my pto tiller in the spring to prepare the garden, but had to hand cultivate (hoe) between the rows during the growing season when I couldn’t run the tractor between the rows. So I switched to a rear tine walk behind and now use it to cultivate between rows during the growing season. Under the best of both worlds, I would use a pto tiller for spring prep and a walk behind for cultivation.

/ Which Tiller? #32  
I cultivate with one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_3092[1].JPG
    IMG_3092[1].JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 180

/ Which Tiller?
OP here. 20 year old thread.

I did buy a BCS back around 2004. Used for a couple of years. I did a mix of a small garden at home, and yard renovations for the mom/pop landscape company we had at the time. Most of use was doing prep for new lawn and sod.

The BCS worked great. I don't recall model, except I think it was 8hp. If I was in the market, I would look at them again.

Prices sure have gone up since 2004...

/ Which Tiller? #34  
I have a 70's ProTill with a B&S engine and peerless transmission. It's a beast but still works for heavy duty dirt work. The gas we use is more of a problem for it than anything else these days.