Which to Buy: DK5510 or NX5510 and Pricing Please

/ Which to Buy: DK5510 or NX5510 and Pricing Please #1  

wjb-49

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT573-CPS, Ford 4610
I currently have a Ford 4610 (63 hp) and a Ford 309B/Industrial (50 hp) and would like to trade the 309B for a newer, more modern tractor. Although the 309B has a FEL on which I have installed a quick-attach device and I have forks, grapple and bucket, I need a backhoe. I also have a Hardee dual-spindle rotary mower (50 hp Minimum) for which I plan to continue using the Ford 4610.

The Kioti tractor will be used for brush and tree removal, general farm maintenance and haying. My feeling is that the DK5510 is underpowered and has a frame too small for my use. Opinions?

My query regarding pricing concerns the "free" FEL promotion. Will dealers negotiate price when one takes advantage of the free FEL offer? I need a tractor with the following options:

• Front end loader
  • Backhoe
  • Remote hydraulics
  • Deck mat
  • Sunshade
  • Third function hydraulic valve or diverter

I would appreciate any thoughts on a price range for either the Dk5510 or the NX5510 with the above options.

Thanks much.

Last edited:
   / Which to Buy: DK5510 or NX5510 and Pricing Please #2  
Me: owner of DK5010HS, prior owner of a larger frame gear tractor and similar size HST tractor, mostly doing mowing, loader work and snow moving.

The Kioti tractor will be used for brush and tree removal, general farm maintenance and haying. My feeling is that the DK5510 is underpowered and has a frame too small for my use. Opinions?

At present the DK series is only available with a gear transmission, with or without a hydraulic clutch. I think you would find hydrostat preferable for tree and brush removal. For haying, gear can be fine (and is probably the most common choice for hay use, I'd bet >90%) if you have enough gears, but the DK has only 8 forward gears to choose from and you might find it hard to match speed to what your baler wants.

I think the DK5510 would have enough hp for your use, but frame size is a little small and the transmission options probably aren't best. One of my prior tractors was a Kioti DK40SE HST. I thought my new DK5010 would be a larger frame setup, but it's not, and I think the older DK40SE might have been built slightly more ruggedly. The NX is a somewhat larger frame.

My query regarding pricing concerns the "free" FEL promotion. Will dealers negotiate price when one takes advantage of the free FEL offer? I need a tractor with the following options:

• Front end loader
  • Backhoe
  • Remote hydraulics
  • Deck mat
  • Sunshade
  • Third function hydraulic valve or diverter

I would appreciate any thoughts on a price range for either the Dk5510 or the NX5510 with the above options.

Thanks much.

Dealer sets price... they are likely to discount off MSRP despite use of the loader offer, but beyond that it all depends on the dealer and your market.

When I was pricing DK5010HS vs. NX5010HST almost a year ago the price difference was in the $5-6000 range, so I would guess similar now.

As a complete guess, likely way off, I'm guessing $32k for a DK5510HS and $37.5k for a NX5510HST, including the long set of options above.

/ Which to Buy: DK5510 or NX5510 and Pricing Please
I met with my local Kioti dealer today and we determined that the NX5510 best fits my needs. I asked him to price a NX5510 with the following options:

• FEL
  • Backhoe
  • Remote Hydraulic Valve
  • Fluid in rear tires*

*Provided free by dealer.

He priced the NX5510 as follows:

List Price. . . . . . . . . . . . . $44,916.00
Rebates and Discounts. . . - $9,916.00
Net Cost. . . . . . . . . . . . . .$35,000.00
Tax. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $2,362.00
Total. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $37,362.00

Z-Michigan was close with his estimate of the total cost. Regarding the third function valve, my dealer said Kioti will in the near future offer their own valve (should cost less) rather than one provided by a third party. Any comments on this price? Thanks.

/ Which to Buy: DK5510 or NX5510 and Pricing Please #4  
Wow, I did well. Actually my estimates didn't include sales tax (not all states have sales tax, some exempt certain uses) so you're significantly below what I thought it would be. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I have no opinion on the brand of third function valve, but I will note that when I added a rear remote the labor cost was greater than the part cost. There might be less labor if you get it done with the initial setup, and you'll be best off to have a fixed price vs. the hourly charge. (Mine was quoted as an estimate, I was charged hourly for actual mechanic time, and yes I do think my dealer is honest and fair though I still wasn't thrilled about the cost.)

/ Which to Buy: DK5510 or NX5510 and Pricing Please #5  
Moved thread per user request.