Which trailer - 7K or 10K

/ Which trailer - 7K or 10K #11  
Since beavertails/dovetails came up....

What are you guys thoughts on the ones where the ramps bring it up to level with the trailer deck?

/ Which trailer - 7K or 10K #12  
I ordered a 20 footer 10k for the reasons Diamondpilot stated. In addition, i ordered 10 heavy duty D-Rings allthough i will have 6 pockets per side with rub-rails anyhow. Also getting a winch mount, toolbox, adjustable coupler and slide in ramps. It'll all be in Orange exept for the PT Wood floor. I did not get the dovetail because with the 4 inch dropped axles, the trailer isnt to high. 21 or 22 inches high if i remember correctly.6 weeks to get'er done from date of order. 4 more to go.

/ Which trailer - 7K or 10K #13  
At 22"your find without the dove tail, the height of mine is around 32"- 34" so the dove tail helps out alot, good choice with th 10K, what brand did you get.

/ Which trailer - 7K or 10K
Pete6114, sounds like you are pretty well up on what makes a good trailer! I'd like to see your order sheet. I don't know if I can afford the trailer you're buying, but it definitely sounds like you have some great ideas as to what to look for.
Jim

Ps - Orange? Bonus points for that.

/ Which trailer - 7K or 10K #15  
I had flip up ramps that would go flat on the dove tail of my 25' GN I had. They were a pain. The only time they could go up and flat was when the trailer was empty and hauling a few small things where I did not need the flat anyways. I like low profile trailers with slide in ramps. No dove tail. I need to go out and measure my current trailer but I would bet its not more than 18" high and with 5' long ramps I have had no issues loading either my fathers 89 Corvette, my uncles 73 Corvette, or my bosses 2008 Corvette plus all the other cars and trucks I have hauled. The reason I mention the Vettes is they are about as low as anything on the road.

Chris

/ Which trailer - 7K or 10K #16  
Just went out and measured mine and with the trailer level its 16.5" from the top of the deck to the ground. Very easy to load. Its only a 18' 7,000# trailer so a 10,000# trailer will sit slightly higher due to the larger wheels. I run 205/75/15 and a 10K will need 225/75/15.

Chris

/ Which trailer - 7K or 10K #17  
20' flat 10K all the way!

DSC04366%20%28Large%29.jpg

I need to see if i took a pic of it on there with the backhoe mounted....
I should have more than just one good pic of the trailer, that one is starting to get old...

/ Which trailer - 7K or 10K #18  
I ordered it here
Canada Trailers

Sorry, Gem99ultra, no paperwork....all was done with a hand shake, no deposit no contract.
I bought a 12 foot landscape there in 1998 and it has served me well without a hickup.
Been looking online and at trailer dealers for a while and this is as good a trailer as it gets.

5500$ taxes incl.
Forgot to mention yesterday,some items included in the order of which most are standard equipment.

They spray some kind of undercoating before painting on all the surface's that get beat up from stones while towing. (standard)
Sealed harness (standard)
LED Lights (standard)
Spare Tire (125.-) it better be on a rim
HD Step on Checkerplate Fenders (50.-)
Brakes on both axles (standard)
Stabilizers (standard)
Orange paint ( 100.-) better visibility and matches my new L3240

Last edited: