Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide.

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #81  
I've got the MX6000 with the 60 inch Wicked Root grapple and have used it to successfully accomplish your intended work.

It's a perfect balance of strength, yet lightness based on the material used.

Sure it's 12 weeks, sure it's expensive, sure you have to pay for it upfront...

Just order it!

I've heavily used mine near continuously over the last 6 months with no mercy to clear 20 year growth and reclaim pasture.

It has knocked over and uprooted trees up to about 8 inches, rooted out thorny honey locust, huge clumps of shrub honeysuckle, European privet, multiflora roses and other invasives.

It has performed flawlessly...and is my favorite implement by far, based on the work it has been able to do.

Once you get your MX, strongly recommend using the time wisely to add front grill protection while waiting for your EA grapple to be delivered!

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #82  
Thanks for the reply, BackRoad. I fully intend to add grill protection similar to several users here and on OTT. My L3901 had the headlights busted out while pushing some brush piles and I don't want a repeat!

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #83  
Update: Ordered the EA 60 in Wicked Root Grapple over the Holidays. (Thanks Travis!) 10 weeks.. puts me at early March... like I needed another reason to wish Winter away. Can't wait to put it to use.

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide.
Thanks for the business and for providing such great, first hand advice, BackRoad. Wicked 60 is one VERY tough grapple, to only be 400 pounds!!

GMAK, you're gonna love the choice you made!! It's been a few days, but it isn't too late to make it official.. :laughing:
Travis

line.JPG

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #85  
Thanks for the business and for providing such great, first hand advice, BackRoad. Wicked 60 is one VERY tough grapple, to only be 400 pounds!!

GMAK, you're gonna love the choice you made!! It's been a few days, but it isn't too late to make it official.. :laughing:
Travis

View attachment 682919

Please tell me I'm further up the line now!

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide.
Please tell me I'm further up the line now!

Hehe... I'd say somewhere around here..

linelongEEE.jpg

You're right at #60 waiting for a Wicked 60.
They're rollin through a batch of 40 Wicked right now, so you'll be 20 deep in the next one.

I showed the start of this batch in my last Friday factory walk vid..
Travis

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #87  
I found this forum while searching for information on grapples and this thread has been very helpful. I have a small grapple (Land Pride SGC0548) for my BX25D but would like to buy a bigger one for my new MX6000. The local dealer has quoted me $3,500 for a Land Pride SGC1072 but I've been comparing it closely to the EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple. I called EA today and got a shipping quote of $210 to a local FedEx. So all in the Wicked is $2,860 which is $640 less than the Land Pride. They're about the same weight, seem to have the same hydraulic cylinder, are made of similar materials, but I like the third hinge on the Wicked top lid and the fact that it's significantly cheaper. The difference will almost pay for the hydraulic chute kit for the BX snow blower! Can anyone think of a reason not to buy the Wicked over the Land Pride? Thanks. :)

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #88  
The Wicked is about as good as it gets as far as quality goes. Good luck with your search!

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #89  
The Wicked is about as good as it gets as far as quality goes. Good luck with your search!

Thanks. I'll most likely order the 60" tomorrow. I have four big fir trees down with giant root systems to dispose of so the grapple would be very useful. Looking at the specs, the Wicked opens up 1/2" wider than the Land Pride ... not a big deal but one more nail in the Land Pride coffin. :laughing:

/ Which WICKED Grapple? A Guide. #90  
I ordered the 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple (black) this morning through Jeremy at EA ... now the wait begins! :grumpy: