White New Years

/ White New Years
Yes have been getting high winds along with light snow most of the week. The winds are rearranging the snow on the ground. Definitely the dead of winter and a good time to sit next to the fireplace.

/ White New Years #22  
Forecast for St Louis.

IMG_2902.JPG

This is why we winter in Florida. Sheesh.

/ White New Years #23  
@EddieWalker. Schools are probably closed Monday anyway for MLK Day.

I laugh about how little weather shuts things down here. Then I drive in it and people scare the crap out of me. Same thing happens the first storm every year up north. People lose their minds and forget how snow and ice work, even though it was only 6-9 months ago.

/ White New Years #24  
All the "joy" of our snow whitewashing are gone. It's +5 F this morning and looks like it will be this way, or colder, for the next few days. Fortunately - only gentle breezes.

I wish our snowfalls came with gentle breezes. Instead, the snow came horizontally from the north. And the wind continued for 12 hours after the snow stopped. Spent two hours yesterday on the Kubota busting through snow drifts, snow packed so hard it could almost hold the tractor's weight.
Forecast is for more snow...but at least it is supposed to warm up. 6 below zero yesterday morning.
forecast 1-12-24.jpg

/ White New Years #25  
I remember that type of storm. You could walk on drifts like solid ground...until you couldn't and then hip deep in powder.

We lost power for about 4 hours last night due to the high winds/t-storms. 70 degrees yesterday. 33 right now (noon-ish).