White Pine needles!!!

/ White Pine needles!!! #11  
I use two or three 5 gal buckets full of pine needles a year in my bee smoker:D

/ White Pine needles!!!
Get a tow behind lawn vac - Trac Vac, Cyclone Rake etc...
Hi Carl. I owned a 'Rake for several seasons, and while it did a great job with surface needles, once they got down into the grass, I found they matted up and nothing had the power to lift them up. I'm going to investigate the pinestraw rake further. Thanks!

/ White Pine needles!!! #13  
I got my masters dabbling with some figures on pine straw for privite landowners in the south that had longleaf pine. Its the perffered straw, the color is better and they retain it as a mulch longer than lobs. They also last longer and dont break as easily. Around here you may not be able to sell the straw from under 50 longleafs (i probly could , but i sell the stuff as part of my job so i have more contacts than the normal person) but you sure could give it away to the right people who will come rake it remove all the fresh straw and pile all the little sticks and cones in a pile.

/ White Pine needles!!! #15  
My arms are about to fall off from hand raking white pine needles. I must have raked several cubic yards of needles today. There has to be a better way. I hand raked the area once creating many small piles of needles, then raked them into my loader. Afterwards, I kind of scoured the lawn with the rake to bring any stragglers to the the surface, then ran over them with the mower deck and a power bagger to suck them off the lawn. I'd like to find a 3pt rake with lots of wire tines that I could drag around to bring the matted needles to the top of the grass but wouldn't damage the lawn itself. Does an implement like that exist? Suggestions eagerly accepted!

Don't listen to these naysayers. Pine trees suck. These guys must be thinking of firs or something. I can't think of a single good thing to say about pine trees - they kill everything else, they're ugly as heck, drip sap all over everything, turn the entire region yellow once a year, AND they drop a billion needles all over everywhere. I just raked up a bunch needles myself this weekend. Yuck.

You need one of these (so do I):

Harper Goossen Debris Blowers

JayC

/ White Pine needles!!! #16  
It's bad enough having to deal with pine needles on the ground, but if a car is left outside they fall all into nooks and cranny's and are frustrating to clean out.

I don't have enough pines to make a business of pine needles, but enough to make you come up with dirty words for them. On top of that pines aren't very strong trees. Lots of problems come from having them too close to the house.

My $0.02,

/ White Pine needles!!! #17  
Don't listen to these naysayers. Pine trees suck. These guys must be thinking of firs or something. I can't think of a single good thing to say about pine trees - they kill everything else, they're ugly as heck, drip sap all over everything, turn the entire region yellow once a year, AND they drop a billion needles all over everywhere. I just raked up a bunch needles myself this weekend. Yuck.

You need one of these (so do I):

Harper Goossen Debris Blowers

JayC

I would not want a pine over my parkin area (oaks can be just as bad with the fine sap) or near where an ice storm can break big limbs off or blow on on my house but i love pine trees. I make my living off of harvesting them and so do many other people across the south. Its out larges industry in this state, with out it we would probably be missing 20-30% of our economy (SC that is).

/ White Pine needles!!! #18  
I can't think of a single good thing to say about pine trees - they kill everything else, they're ugly as heck, drip sap all over everything, turn the entire region yellow once a year, AND they drop a billion needles all over everywhere.

Don't forget that the dam things blow down with a stiff breeze. I had 20 or so come down during the wind storm this year. Oaks and Maples stood strong, but the pines were all over the place, what a mess.

/ White Pine needles!!! #19  
Pine trees have there places,close to your house is not one of them,,but for that matter it ain't a good place for many trees,,if it wern't for pine trees I would not only have to listen to my neighbor,,I would have to look at him too.:D

/ White Pine needles!!! #20  
I can see that I'm out numbered here but I kind of like our home in the pines.

Attachments

• HomeInThePines.JPG
    HomeInThePines.JPG
    456.4 KB · Views: 101