Who builds the compact NH/F tractors?

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors? #1  

tris66

Hi, I'm new in this forum. I searched but couldn't find an answer to a couple simple questions.

Quick background: I am in Montana. I have an old 8N that runs A1. However, I need a new tractor to do some things the old 8N can not do well (till, loader work.)

I came across a 1725 with a loader that has about 700 hours on it. The price is good, so I want to pursue it if I get the answers I need.

I know that Shibaura mad some of the older Fords like the 1900, 1700, etc. These were supposed to be good machines. I am curious who makes the newer NH/F machines and do they hold up as well? Any info on parts availability also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors? #2  
I'm pretty sure the current compact NH's and Farmall's are still mfg by Shibaura.

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors? #3  
New Holland "Boomer" and Case "Farmall" compact tractors are proprietary designs that are near twins of each other. The engines and drive trains are primarily manufactured in Japan by Shibaura. I believe, like many of the brands, they assemble many of the components here in the US and some of the components are US made. The larger tractors are made in a variety of places around the globe, CNH is a worldwide corporation with headquarters here, but is mostly owned by the FIAT family of Italy.

I've never had any problems getting any parts for Ford or New Holland tractors from my NH dealer. I've even picked up some NH parts from my Case/Kubota dealer (he is closer).

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors? #4  
My dealer said that most compacts are put together in Georgia, including CNH, Deere and Kubota.... Don't know if that is 100% though... ;)

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors? #5  
Thats true. CNH, Kubota and Deere all do final assembly of compacts in Georgia. All do some production there as well.

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors?
Thanks guys. That is what I wanted to hear. I just talked with talked with the current owner. It looks pretty promissing. The 1725 is 51 years newer than the 8N. :eek: I don't know if I'll be able to handle the luxury. ;)

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors? #7  
By the way,

I needed engine parts (don't ask what) for my TC24DA. They were ordered and came from Perkins. It seems that Perkins and Shibuara had a "little" merger and thus is why my parts came from them.

Someone here wanted to argue that point, and I sent them a link to a article about it. They said Perkins had nothing to do with Shibuara whatsoever.

Whatever, I can read PERKINS on the parts label and receipt.

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors? #8  
"Globalization" (ie profit) is happening faster than documentation. I do not know if this is a "good" and/or "bad" thing :confused:. I do know that the more we "standardize" the more the "anomalies" will present themselves. Buying a "standardized" NH toothblade for my NH HD bucket reinforced my jaundiced impression :(. Jay

/ Who builds the compact NH/F tractors? #9  
Perkins does build parts for some other manufactures which don't have Perkins engines.