who can I complain to?

/ who can I complain to? #1  

casolorz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1860
I've been here a few times before asking about my bx1860 temperature. After several visits to my dealer, they told me that my temperature is fine and that it is normal for mowing temperatures to be as high as mine were. Basically my needle was almost touching the red.

Every visit they charged me a bit for the diagnosis. They were at the same time as other services but I would say they charged $100 to $200 at least a couple of times.

My last visit was in late March I think, and my tractor went out of warranty on April. On the last visit I even showed them pictures of the temperature gauge and they assured me it was normal.

Last week my steering hose started leaking, I took the opportunity to take it to a different dealer, and voila, they checked the temperature and they think the thermostat is working well but they noticed the top and bottom hoses have roughly the same temperature and you should be seeing a big gap as the radiator does its job.

So I'm glad they agree there is a problem, and may have solutions, but I am not happy at all about what the other dealer did and of course I am a bit worried because now I am out of warranty. I want to complain to Kubota about the other dealer and also see if they will cover my fixes. I would even be curious to know if they would cover my steering hose considering it was clearly touching the flywheel when it started leaking and that just seems like bad design.

Any idea who I can call?

Thanks,

--Carlos

Last edited:
   / who can I complain to? #2  
Is the fan pulling hot air from the radiator?
You can do somethings on your own to determine the problem as well, hose out the radiator from the inside outward to see if there is any dirt and debre causing poor air flow thru the radiator.
if thats ok check to see if it's really getting hot, install a temp gauge inside the radiator coolant with cap removed, but be careful on this.
you can all so tape temp gauges to the upper and lower radiator hoses and the bottom should allways be cooler than the upper hose. if they are the same, the radiator is dirty, poor coolant cerculation, possible water pump perpeller lose from shaft, etc..
if its not running hot, it could be a bad temp sending unit, unplug the sending unit to see if it reads min or max on the dash gauge.

/ who can I complain to? #3  
First thing I would check is to see if there is junk in the radiator... If you cant see through it, the radiator is probably clogged and not letting air through (we went through that with our BX2660 last summer).
On the warranty issue, I would ask your new dealer for the number of the Kubota regional rep to talk to them about the lack of service at the previous dealer.

Aaron Z