Who has a real windmill?

/ Who has a real windmill? #1  

fidowanttobe

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jinma 284 2007 Massey Harris 44 Special
Been putting one together, Monitor head and and a pieced together stand from 3 different ones. Square bolts and nuts are a blast especially inside angle irons. Lots of PB Blaster and Kroil.
36' from ground to top of wheel. Not going to be operational as in pumping water, I'll be able to put it in gear for fun only.
Silly things grab my attention when I see them still standing and always wanted one.
(Yes! The Wife thinks I'm nuts)

/ Who has a real windmill? #2  
There's an Aermotor on our family farm that hasn't pumped water since sometime near to when the Rural Electric Association brought in power to run a pump.

/ Who has a real windmill? #3  
My wife and I stayed at The Dutch Mill Inn in Lynden Washington, for a few days during our honeymoon in June 1996. Very nice
rooms.

1660627089111.png

/ Who has a real windmill? #4  
Many of the old homesteads down south of me still have the windmills standing. Some still spin, many are pinned. I once thought I might like one. That's until I found out how heavy they can be and part availability in this area.

/ Who has a real windmill? #5  
I had enough experience with a windmill, as our primary source of water, from the time I was 10 years old until I was 14 that I've had no desire for one again.🤣🤣

/ Who has a real windmill? #6  
We have a few in town, all on Amish farms, and actively used.

/ Who has a real windmill? #8  
We have a 12' unit on a 27' tower, pump is set at 180'. This keeps a 10,000 gallon storage tank full and has supplied all the water we have needed for 22 years.

Attachments

• PC200013.JPG
    PC200013.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
   / Who has a real windmill? #9  
Wow!!! Those pics are beautiful. Me too, always wanted one. But had to settle for this ......

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• 735.JPG
    735.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 83
  • 744.JPG
    744.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 738.JPG
    738.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 91
   / Who has a real windmill? #10  
I'm looking for one...far Northern PA, near NY border.