Who has the most hrs .

/ Who has the most hrs . #51  
Well, that sure comes as a surprise. You would imagine I would have a sense of the difference between 25 and 250 hours but the tractor was used so sparingly and intermittently and usually a low RPM. I made the assumption (obviously wrong) that the meter worked with RPMs like my former tractors - Zetor 5245 and Massey 35 - not just as a clock. Lots of those clock hours - likely about 80% to 90% - were at idle speed while I was puttering away at something else and the tractor was waiting to take tools etc. back to the barn. Oh well .....

I have 45 hours and I know how you feel, I think I've driven maybe 5 hours total. The rest of the time, I dug up a bunch of stumps with the backhoe or split 4 cord of wood with the woodsplitter. Had it almost 2 months and I haven't even scratched the fel bucket yet (too much). :laughing:

/ Who has the most hrs . #52  
If this thing is just an electric clock, is there a chance the hour meter somehow got powered for a few days without the engine running?

I don't think so. There is a pickup sensor on the gear case to drive the tach and it also goes to the LCD controller input. I don't "think" it will accrue hours without the engine running. I do not know this for fact though, as I haven't tried it. Why don't you note your hours, then turn the key on for a little over an hour and check your hours again to see if it registered an hour without the engine running. I don't think it will, but it would be nice to know for sure.:)

James K0UA

/ Who has the most hrs . #53  
James, What you describe is precisely how my DK45S operates. The manual for the DK45SE only says:

The hour-meter indicates, in five digits,
the hours that the tractor has been
operated.

The EX service manual (which I think is similar to an SE) says:

Counting function for hour meter on instrument cluster
When the charge voltage is supplied from the alternator
after starting the engine, it controls the hour
meter on the instrument cluster.

So it sounds like the meter counts only when the engine runs.

/ Who has the most hrs . #54  
Like James said, an hour of your time will prove it.

/ Who has the most hrs . #55  
1974 Ford 3000 with 9000+ hrs. on the clock.worked on a dairy that had a 3600 diesel with 14,000 plus hours before it got traded for a 4 wheel drive to scrap the manure with

Unsure of the hours on my 1967 Ford 3000 but it was over 3400 in in 1974 and that's when the hour meter quit according to the previous owner, so at that average of use per 7 year period- got to be at or above 10 k hours???

/ Who has the most hrs . #56  
Well, on the 16th of June, my hour meter "clicked" over to 3000 hrs. on the '06 CK30, it now reads 3063 as of today, do I get a "brownie" point?

/ Who has the most hrs . #57  
Well, on the 16th of June, my hour meter "clicked" over to 3000 hrs. on the '06 CK30, it now reads 3063 as of today, do I get a "brownie" point?

That's a few hours. Yes, you get brownie points. :)
Thought I had put a lot on my CK35 in 5 years, just got to 486 hours yesterday.