Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #21  
Hardleys require thick oil so they don't leak everywhere.... :D

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #22  
My father's brand new 1974 Triumph Bonneville motorcycle leaked both gas and oil from day one from the dealer.
Very few of my Japanese motorcycles ever leaked any fluids at all, ever. Both new and used. Had over 40 of them.
The engines never leaked, only the front shock seals. Too many wheelies.... :) Both dirt and street.
My only Ossa Pioneer Spanish trials motorcycle doesn't leak.
Let the 2022 Winter Nationals Leaking Motorcycle contest begin.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #23  
I've been using the Mobil 15w-40 extreme for about a year now. I just finished plowing and the temp was about 17 degrees. My tractor is kept in an equipment shed. When I start it in cold weather it turns right over and always starts in a few seconds. My oil pressure light might stay on for about 5 seconds at most? The viscosity index on the 15w-40 is 140. The 5w-40 is 150?

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #24  
I've been using the Mobil 15w-40 extreme for about a year now. I just finished plowing and the temp was about 17 degrees. My tractor is kept in an equipment shed. When I start it in cold weather it turns right over and always starts in a few seconds. My oil pressure light might stay on for about 5 seconds at most? The viscosity index on the 15w-40 is 140. The 5w-40 is 150?

Viscosity and viscosity index are measuring different things. In viscosity index, higher is considered to be better - but IMHO you are better off paying attention to viscosity and not so much to viscosity index.

If your oil pressure light in coming on for that long, you might want to try a 5w-40 to see if you can either fix the problem or at least reduce the time that it's not getting oil.
rScotty

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #25  
My manual states the oil light should stay on no longer than 5 seconds. I am due for an oil change. Picked up 2.5 gallons of T6 last night. Going in today.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #26  
The manual for my Kubota states CJ4 for engine oil requirements due to the DPF. I've read where CK4 has replaced the CJ4 designation. Is this fact?

The weight of oil is important but the additives for tier4 engines seems to be right up there in importance to me.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #27  

Comparing CK4 vs CJ4​

You don’t really need to understand the chemistry to appreciate the benefits of CK4 vs CJ4. The new oils provide better oxidative stability, more aeration resistance, and enhanced shear stability. In fact, in order to meet the CK4 oil API standards, lubricants must prove themselves through two new tests: the CAT Aeration test and the Mack T13 test.

Additionally, CK4 oils provide better protection for engines than CJ4 oils. Using CK4 should increase the time between oil changes and improve fuel economy, as well, thanks to lower viscosity grades. You find familiar, common grades such as:
  • 5W-30
  • 5W-40
  • 10W-30
  • 15W-40

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #28  

Comparing CK4 vs CJ4​

You don’t really need to understand the chemistry to appreciate the benefits of CK4 vs CJ4. The new oils provide better oxidative stability, more aeration resistance, and enhanced shear stability. In fact, in order to meet the CK4 oil API standards, lubricants must prove themselves through two new tests: the CAT Aeration test and the Mack T13 test.

Additionally, CK4 oils provide better protection for engines than CJ4 oils. Using CK4 should increase the time between oil changes and improve fuel economy, as well, thanks to lower viscosity grades. You find familiar, common grades such as:
  • 5W-30
  • 5W-40
  • 10W-30
  • 15W-40

Thanks! I do tend to overthink things. lol

Last edited:
   / Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #29  
15w40 is just too heavy in the winter and will likely reduce the time for pressurized parts of the engine to get oil pressure even on a warm startup. Not a good choice.

Cranking speed in winter will be 60-80% lower than even a 10w40 oil.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #30  
I bet if you put the same exact oil in all the different brand containers someone would still insist the stuff that came out of "their brand's bottle" out performed the others.