Flat Proofing Who makes a good tire repair kit

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit #1  

murph1

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF-135 DK-40se Ventrac 4500
I am looking for a good quality repair kit for R-4 tires. I tried my TSC kit and snapped it.

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit #2  
Hi Murph........long time no see at the Missouri Roll Call.......

Try Gempler's (gemplers.com). They usually sell quality stuff. Richard (ovrszd) can tell you all about fixing flats. He must run over a lot of nails or something.:laughing:

Cheers,
Mike

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit #3  
I am looking for a good quality repair kit for R-4 tires. I tried my TSC kit and snapped it.

Yeah, I had the same problem. Stopped by the Big O tire store and asked what they used. Nice heavy duty needle and powerful adhesive strips. Forget the name, though.
rScotty

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit #4  
I bought a set years ago at Auto Zone. I think it is their generic branded unit. It has held up well over the years. I always take it with me when I brush hog. I run non tubed rears and have used it on them successfully. As a matter of fact I am running plugs in both my tractors now that are holding well.

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit #5  
Hi Murph........long time no see at the Missouri Roll Call.......

Try Gempler's (gemplers.com). They usually sell quality stuff. Richard (ovrszd) can tell you all about fixing flats. He must run over a lot of nails or something.:laughing:

Cheers,
Mike

I’ve found that they have a wider selection than many online stores.

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit
Thanks for answers all!

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit #7  
Black jack tire kits

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit #9  
I got one of the plug kits from Walmart to fix my R4 rear on my B26. I used a 3/16" drill to ream out the hole a bit, then just shoved in a plug after lubricating it well with glue. It has been holding with no leaks now for over a year.

/ Who makes a good tire repair kit #10  
Hi Murph. I'm with Mike, you've been quiet lately. Hope all is well with you my friend!!!

I've got a heavy duty kit I bought at O'Reilly's. I've used it twice on my Radial Titan tractor tires with success.

You must be stronger than I. I've never broke one. Sometimes can't push it thru the hole though. Been involved in a lot of plugging on our 4-wheeling buggies' tires.