Who makes a good wood/pallet grinder.

/ Who makes a good wood/pallet grinder. #1  

eee

Gold Member
I am exploring the possibilities of making mulch and I have access to pallets and lots of wood . I would like to make mulch for retail sale. Any ideas/suggestions or links to a good manufacturer of grinders ?

Thanks !!!

/ Who makes a good wood/pallet grinder. #2  
Are you referring to a wood chipper? If so, there are several discussions in the "attachments" forum that can be found with a search.

/ Who makes a good wood/pallet grinder. #3  
Those puppies cost cubic bucks. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I assume you're talking about tub grinders. They're not only very expensive but they're high maintenance. The teeth again, aren't cheap, and they take a beating, pun intended.

Do a look up on Google for "tub grinders".

/ Who makes a good wood/pallet grinder.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> Do a look up on Google for "tub grinders </font> )</font>

Thanks for the key word Harv !!!

Do they make good ones that could be ran by a PTO ?

/ Who makes a good wood/pallet grinder. #8  
Considering a smallish tub grinder takes 350-400hp to run, a pto powered grinder wouldn't make much sense.

Besides, to keep a grinder running for more than a couple hours a day, One would have to keep a steady stream of literaly tons of debris to "feed" the beast.

Our district landfill has one (3-4 counties I forget) and it usually sets. At least it was setting every time I've been there. Maybe I go on the wrong days...

/ Who makes a good wood/pallet grinder. #9  
no one is gona buy mulch made from pallets, if by some chance you do make a go of it, start up a tire repair shop also, you will make more money fixing the flats people get from your mulch than you will selling your actual mulch, pallets are riddled full of nails, sometimes very hard nails, once you grind them up you will still have all these nails in the mulch, with no good way to seperate them realy, since alot will still be embeded in chunks of wood so its not as simple as hanging a big magnet near the discharge chute. i would go with a wood chipper and forget all about pallets if you want to make mulch, another thing is that depending where you get pallets, often they have some nasty chemicals soaked into them if they were from a plating plant or any place that uses that sorta stuff

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> </font> no one is gona buy mulch made from pallets )</font>

Say what ????????? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> start up a tire repair shop also, you will make more money fixing the flats people get from your mulch than you will selling your actual mulch </font> )</font>

Do you put mulch on the roads where you live ??

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> since alot will still be embeded in chunks of wood </font> )</font>

You can shred the mulch and screen it and not have any chunks.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> often they have some nasty chemicals soaked into them if they were from a plating plant or any place that uses that sorta stuff </font> )</font>

I know where my pallets are coming from,I know what they are used for and what is shipped on them... </font><font color="blue" class="small">( not a plating plant )</font>

Rotochopper