Who makes the best grease gun?

/ Who makes the best grease gun? #81  
What was the fus Gus?

My manual gun hangs on a hook on the wall. No muss no fuss.

The fancy electric job has it's own miniature suitcase that takes up floor space. Also have to clear off 2ft x 3ft spot on work bench to open it up. The fancy suitcase gets all greasy inside from leaked grease. The battery charger takes up shop space. The batteries need to be monitored. They are ?NiCad and cannot be allowed to charge too long but unlike lithium they don't hold their charge over the winter so I need to periodically remember to charge them up. Did I mention the delight of knowing replacement batteries are about $75. Also, the hose is flexible (I prefer rigid tube) and requires one hand on the fitting to keep it in place. Cannot use the lock n lube tip because that won't fit in the fancy suitcase. Also, I find because of the oozing of grease from the tip which coats the interior of the suitcase that I need to wear gloves. Don't need gloves with the manual.

Other than than I love the thing;). I will say that it is reliable and pumps well. Just too much rigamarole compared to grabbing the manual off the shop wall hook and just greasing.

/ Who makes the best grease gun? #82  

The fancy electric job has it's own miniature suitcase that takes up floor space. Also have to clear off 2ft x 3ft spot on work bench to open it up. The fancy suitcase gets all greasy inside from leaked grease. The battery charger takes up shop space. The batteries need to be monitored. They are ?NiCad and cannot be allowed to charge too long but unlike lithium they don't hold their charge over the winter so I need to periodically remember to charge them up. Did I mention the delight of knowing replacement batteries are about $75. Also, the hose is flexible (I prefer rigid tube) and requires one hand on the fitting to keep it in place. Cannot use the lock n lube tip because that won't fit in the fancy suitcase. Also, I find because of the oozing of grease from the tip which coats the interior of the suitcase that I need to wear gloves. Don't need gloves with the manual.

Other than than I love the thing;). I will say that it is reliable and pumps well. Just too much rigamarole compared to grabbing the manual off the shop wall hook and just greasing.

Get rid of the suit case. My gun only spent one night in there. The charger mounts on the wall and my other charger will charge this battery as well. Mine being a Lithium I don;t have to babysit either. Gloves are for wimps regardless.

/ Who makes the best grease gun? #83  

Doc, you know them nicads are rebuildable. Batteries Plus used to rebuild my drill packs. But I do agree, I have bought my last nicad..Lithium ion for me from now on... just too many benefits..Light weight, holds charge for long time. etc.