Who manufactured this disc harrow?

/ Who manufactured this disc harrow? #1  

ALFisher

Tractor
None - looking
Thanks for your help if you can identify it. Paint used to be red, width is 6'4" or 6'6".

disc1.jpgView attachment 343376

Attachments

• disc2.jpg
    disc2.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 244
   / Who manufactured this disc harrow? #2  
Looks very similar to my old Tufline. Look down around the bearing holders and see if there is a name cast into the piece.

/ Who manufactured this disc harrow? #3  
Looks like a Howse disk to me.

/ Who manufactured this disc harrow?
I looked at lunch and didn't find any markings on it. It needs some work and I think it's worth doing if I can figure out the parts I need. Good winter project.

/ Who manufactured this disc harrow? #5  
I looked at lunch and didn't find any markings on it. It needs some work and I think it's worth doing if I can figure out the parts I need. Good winter project.

Brand really don't matter on that disc. All wear parts are generic on it. Ken Sweet

/ Who manufactured this disc harrow?
I went on the Howse and Tufline/Monroe websites. It looks to me like Howse uses u-bolts for their disc, whereas Tufline does plate and bolts, like the one in the picture. Don't know if Howse ever used the plates. I will try to remember to post pics when I get it done. Thanks.

/ Who manufactured this disc harrow? #7  
Brand really don't matter on that disc. All wear parts are generic on it. Ken Sweet

:thumbsup: Yes just like Mr. Ken said generic (but solid) common disc harrow design. :thumbsup:
If your trying just to put a name brand on DH I can tell you people like Howse/A@B Eagle line at least the DH I have owned from them the disc (serrated) where made in Canada while other folks disc wheels where stamped Brazil/India . Obviously disc are interchangeable providing same specs.

Boone

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 141
   / Who manufactured this disc harrow? #8  
That looks very similar to a disc that I have. I have no idea of the brand, but I did change some bearings on it a few days ago. I picked them up at a local farm supply store.

Mine were Timkin brand bearings and the part number is W208PPB6. When I googled that number I got a few hits.
Disc Harrow Bearing 1 Sq W208Ppb6 (China/Taiwan)

Also, the flange was Timkin with part number G80MSA. Again, a google search got several hits. Here is one of them. 4 Hole Round G80MSA Greasable Bearing Flange For 4-11/16 Bolt Circle - McGee Farm Equipment, Inc.

/ Who manufactured this disc harrow? #9  
That looks like an older LMC model by lowery MFG. Based on the design on the axle hangers, lowery still uses that hanger design on some of their discs.

/ Who manufactured this disc harrow? #10  
I have an old 7-ft Towner offset disc that has the same spacers, end caps and pans (discs) as the disc you show. The axles are square about 1-1/8" x 1-1/8" IIRC. You can get the parts from Agri Supply (not very spendy).

Good luck.