Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow????

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #11  
PaulChristenson said:
No...this is a cart/horse thing...:D

I kept telling my wife that a well trained horse could just stand in place on a flatbed - no need for the expensive horsey trailers. She didn't listen and we wound up with a Sundowner. I'm still waiting for that flatbed for other uses...

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #12  
Soundguy said:
Yeah.. I like that.. a good reese hitch.. and helper chains that use s links drille dinto the tailgate.. and the block of wood from the trailer touge must be doing a real number to the tail gate!

soundguy

I know, its so completely absurd to be for real...which is why I think its some ones funny spoof. Their rendition of a 'red neck 5th wheel'. :D

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #13  
Z-Michigan said:
I kept telling my wife that a well trained horse could just stand in place on a flatbed - no need for the expensive horsey trailers. She didn't listen and we wound up with a Sundowner. I'm still waiting for that flatbed for other uses...

:D I think youre definitely on the right track and they (well trained horses) do exist which met your requirements. I took in a 'wildwest show' out in WA state in which the girl rode her horse onto the top of its trailer and then had the truck pull it (trailer w/ horse atop it) around the arena. The horse seemed not to care. In fact it did all sorts of 'gymnastics' w/ that trailer (not moving) and ramps. Pretty neat too. :)

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #14  
Z-Michigan said:

Now if you had just bought a regular pickup truck your problems would have been solved...:D

YouTube - What a horse can do...

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #15  
I used to own a '89 Izuzu p'up (compact 4 cyl pickup), the cousin of my best friend tried to tell me that I could pull a fifth wheel with it and not have any problems.. I thought he was joking at first, but he was dead serious.

If that picture had VA plate i bet it could have been him LOL

Brian

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #16  
jimg said:
:D I think youre definitely on the right track and they (well trained horses) do exist which met your requirements. I took in a 'wildwest show' out in WA state in which the girl rode her horse onto the top of its trailer and then had the truck pull it (trailer w/ horse atop it) around the arena. The horse seemed not to care. In fact it did all sorts of 'gymnastics' w/ that trailer (not moving) and ramps. Pretty neat too. :)

I've seen a longhorn with monster horns CHAINED down to a large flatbed, head diagonal for a short tistance to move the animal. it was truly huge.. would not have been able to enter a stock trailer due to massive horns...

soundguy

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #17  
Oh. My. God. That truck has a 1/4 ton rating. A 1 ton would have a good wrestle with that trailer. I never thought i would see an opportunity for murphys'
law to invoke darwins' law. Or it could be the other way around.

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #18  
crashz said:
You can drive around like that! The exhaust fumes will get into the passenger compartment! All that carbon monoxide could cause brain damage!!!!

I'm pretty sure that guy already has brain damage.

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #19  
Is Red Green somewhere off to the side?

Solo

/ Who needs a 3/4 or 1 ton to tow???? #20  
Ive seen a cow in a pickup bed wrapped by a single cow pannel chained down. From a distance they look to just be standing there. I dont know how far they got before she spooked.