who needs two front wheels when you have a wife?

/ who needs two front wheels when you have a wife? #1  

ampsucker

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX24
wasn't sure if this would fit under parts and repairs, customization, projects, owner and operating, or what, so finally settled on attachments since it would get the most views.

sorry if already posted ;-(

amp

Attachments

• wife for balance.bmp
    229.8 KB · Views: 847
   / who needs two front wheels when you have a wife? #2  
Well, it is initially funny, but alas, a fake ... photography can no longer be relied upon as the truth, sad to say ... does anyone really think that the missus adds much moment to counter the missing wheel?

For anyone analytic, there are three shadows to compare ... find the angle from the front road shadow to the top of the front tire ... a steep angle ...

Compare it to the angle from the rear road shadow to the top of the missus ... verified same steep angle ...

Now go to the front fender over the missing wheel ... go down on the verified steep angle ... voila, no shadow ...

I'm afraid that when the author removed the wheel shadow he also removed the fender shadow ... pfffft ...

John

/ who needs two front wheels when you have a wife? #3  
Even if he didn't balance it with a heavy wife, it is easy to drive on three wheels like that. I have drove my last two tractors to the house four times when I would have a flat on one of the front wheels with only three on the ground. I raise the front up with the loader and then push down on the side with the good tire, then put a wood block between the axle and the frame. It works like a charm but I wouldn't suggest hitting to many holes going very fast. It might break something. If you don't have a loader, a jack would allow you to do the same thing.

/ who needs two front wheels when you have a wife? #4  
If it is a fake then how would you explain the front axle pivoted over to the right side, also looks like the spindle is broken and is closer to the ground on one side where it would be level if the tire was just airbrushed out.

David

/ who needs two front wheels when you have a wife? #5  
I have just spent the last 5 hours working in Photoshop on a different project (the industry standard photo editing software). From my tired eyes, my vote is its a real image. There is virtually no limit to what you can do with Photoshop, but why bother .... just to make fun of someone's wife??? I can think of much better put downs for most wives without of going after their sheer mass!

/ who needs two front wheels when you have a wife? #6  
I've never done it but have always heard about the block of wood trick to get home with only 1 front wheel.

/ who needs two front wheels when you have a wife? #7  
My last post on a silly subject, even if someone proves that's Hillary Clinton on the back ...

The spindle is lower because it was 'Shopped' to that spot ... the fender shadow, and the shadow from the equipment box over the missing wheel MUST come down to the road at the same angle as the one coming off her head to the road ... they don't ... they were 'Shopped' out at the same time as the wheel shadow was taken out, imho ...

I don't know anything about blocking a tractor as some posters say; I don't know whether tractors stay level when you do that (note level front bumper) ... heck, I don't even know, if you drive through a busy town on a two-lane highway, with a long no-passing stripe, at the painfully slow speed they'd have to be travelling, why you wouldn't accumulate a long, honking train of very irate cars and trucks ... and maybe the local Troopers ...

I might predict that her sweater will get up under the rear fender shortly, that she'll have a wardrobe malfunction, and that he'll have to get new volunteer ballast, but that's for a safety forum ... this is an attachments shop, and I ain't buying ...

Happy Shopping

John

/ who needs two front wheels when you have a wife? #8  
highplanesdrifter said:
I'm afraid that when the author removed the wheel shadow he also removed the fender shadow ... pfffft ...

What fender? There's no fender. I see a couple of stanchions on either side of the front bumper with what appears to be some sort of vertical plate on the left front side inboard of the stanchion, but there would be no shadow from a fender that doesn't exist. Whether that is a tool box, I don't know, but I don't see a top surface to it.

I think you are mistaking artifacts caused from over-compression of the image file as "disturbed" pixels created when someone clones adjacent background detail and paints over where the tire used to be. Look around the edges of the rear tire and undercarriage and you will see the same effect. The spindle tip looks broken off and the light seems to be hitting it all correctly. The entire kingpin assy would have been totally obscured in shadow if there had been a tire there.

A fine job of re-creating the whole axle/kingpin/spindle from nothingness if in fact it was photoshopped. My vote is for unretouched, just too much image compression.

/ who needs two front wheels when you have a wife?
looks like her sister's head and shoulders are perched on the other fender.