Who says plastic isn't tough?

/ Who says plastic isn't tough? #11  
I am the unfortunate owner. I saw several of these broken off on the way home from work that day. I knew mine was going to be one of them. $59.99. It was the blast from heavy wet snow from the county snowplow. I put a new one up today. I'm not a big fan of plastic. For sure not plastic when it's cold.

/ Who says plastic isn't tough? #12  
I am the unfortunate owner. I saw several of these broken off on the way home from work that day. I knew mine was going to be one of them. $59.99. It was the blast from heavy wet snow from the county snowplow. I put a new one up today. I'm not a big fan of plastic. For sure not plastic when it's cold.

Yep, a lot of plastic's get a little brittle when it gets chilly... sorry for your loss.

/ Who says plastic isn't tough? #13  
The hood on my 355D cracked after 2 years. My X748 is 5 years old now and no cracks. The hood on the 748 seems better.

/ Who says plastic isn't tough? #14  
Keep in mind that plastic can get brittle with age, and is highly susceptable to UV.

So, the bowling balls may bounce off of a brand new hood.
However, all bets are off with a 10 or 20 year old hood.

I posted this at Youtube, I stand by it and agree with what you said.

"We have both JD's, with plastic hoods, and a Kubota. We've not had any problems with the JD hoods yet but I wonder if the JD hood would survive that test after it's 10-15 years old? Accidents happen but there's no dented hoods here even on 35 year old tractors. If you know what you're doing you don't drop stuff on the hood or let someone sit on a hood."

/ Who says plastic isn't tough? #15  
The new replacement bumper for the Gt235 did not last two weekes before it started falling apart. I took it back and got another which so far is holding up.