who wants a Humvee?

/ who wants a Humvee? #22  
Us civilians are so silly. The H1 was built for a specific purpose. Then modified and upgraded for multi-purpose. It's the best "jeep" our tax money has ever purchased. Then we wanna be cool and drive one to the Mall..... If we really wanted to drive one for it's intended purpose we would enlist.

/ who wants a Humvee? #25  
Don't they have a 6.2 or a 6.5 GM diesel? If so that's enough to tell me I never want one!

/ who wants a Humvee? #26  
I was gonna post a lengthy response, but Gunny took the exact words outta my keyboard. I'll only ax that they are good offroad, but limited maneuverability and parts availability make it impractible for most folks. I wouldn't buy one, and i love offroading.

/ who wants a Humvee? #27  
Don't they have a 6.2 or a 6.5 GM diesel? If so that's enough to tell me I never want one!

Both, depending on the year. Nothing wrong with either engine, if you don't try to make it something it's not. It was intended to be a basic, low end diesel that is easy on the fuel. It does that admirably. Try to hot rod it and you'll blow it up.

/ who wants a Humvee? #28  
Rather have an M-715 with the appropriate mods

/ who wants a Humvee? #29  
Having had several 6.2's, and a good understanding of their limits and purposes, I wouldn't mind having one under the right circumstances. Very cheap purchase price would be one, and good shape is another... dream on. But I dream alot...

/ who wants a Humvee? #30  
Both, depending on the year. Nothing wrong with either engine, if you don't try to make it something it's not. It was intended to be a basic, low end diesel that is easy on the fuel. It does that admirably. Try to hot rod it and you'll blow it up.

I beg to differ. We had two in the family. Both totally stock. The 6.2 was replaced by GM with a 350 in a truck as part of a settlement. The other was a 6.5 in a Suburban. It was better but went through injectors, injector pumps, and other parts regularly. It's bottom end and heads held on but other than that it was by no means reliable.

Chris