Who wants to sell me Deere accessories?

/ Who wants to sell me Deere accessories? #1  

ScottK

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320 w/200cx loader w/53" bucket
I want to find a dealer who will sell me Deere accessories at a decent price with no hassles. If that is you, here is what I want right now (pricing from the configurator):

Forward Lighting Kit (2 Lights)
LVB25546
$73.00
Rear Work Light (1 Light)
LVB25547
$47.00

Just give me a price including shipping to zip 98053 please (PM me if you don't want JD to know for some reason), and I'll place the order right away with you.

I am so tired of not being able to order simple accessories through JD Parts or anywhere online. Especially tired of having to deal with my salesman (who knows nothing about accessories), negotiate a price, then remind the parts dept that we agreed to a different price (they mark everything up quite a lot) when they come in. Does JD prohibit you guys from just listing these things on your websites? Why? They are no different than genuine auto accessories. There are plenty of places selling genuine Toyota accessories, for example, (generally through websites masquerading behind a real Toyota dealer somewhere). Has no JD dealer done this yet, or am I just not finding them?

I know I've read many times that JD considers these "whole goods" whatever that is and not parts. I say nonsense. I just want to buy JD accessories easily.

Thanks,
Scott

/ Who wants to sell me Deere accessories?
Where is everyone this weekend? So little traffic in the forums. Well, I suppose dealers will be back to work on Monday.

/ Who wants to sell me Deere accessories? #3  
Your post is directed toward dealers. Not too many on this site. Most probably won't respond because of intrusion on potentially someone else's territory and frankly probably not worth their time for small $ items. What if there are problems or complaints? Any price discount will probably be taken up by shipping cost.

/ Who wants to sell me Deere accessories? #4  
I will be glad to sell them to you, price for the accesories is what is shown on JD Configurator plus freight to your door. Feel free to PM if you are intersted, can order them today, thanks.

Ease of ordering is all I want. The local dealers aren't interested in that for small things either - my parts guy makes me go to my sales guy who then places the order with the parts guy (after he spends time looking it up) and then I pay the parts guy - that's too many steps for this piddly stuff. JD Parts makes it easy, but these things aren't in there, or I would use it. JD needs to catch up with the internet. I can buy everything I want online (I even bought a new car online), but not some stupid little accessories from JD. Does anyone from JD read these forums? Or do dealers give Deere feedback like this? They could probably make a lot more on aftermarket impulse purchases if they made it easy. Oh well.

DEERE - add your accessories to JD Parts and you will sell more stuff and the local dealers will get the credit! Please.

/ Who wants to sell me Deere accessories? #6  
Surf ebay....couple dealers there post stuff all the time. Even if its not what your looking for, they can get it...example, I had emailed one who had the 3rd SCV for the open station 3x20 listed about one for a cabbed 3x20 and they replied with pricing within hours....
Seriously speaking tho, your still better off locally if you got a good dealer. You can usually talk em down a few bucks and shipping is "free".

I wish I had a good tractor dealer. They don't even stock the transmission oil filter that every tractor they sell needs at 50 hours. Mostly they sell lawn tractors and Stihl stuff - which I have plenty of from them as well. I am just a bit too close to civilization here for the big dealers I think, even though I am in a rural area. Greater Seattle area you have to go far out to find any good sized dealer. I had to return my JD Quick Hitch because they couldn't find the right bushings to go with the Frontier box blade they sold me, so I got a Harbor Freight QH instead. We don't have Tractor Supply either. My only back up is a couple of farm and feed supply stores - and JD Parts online - which has no accessories. I'm told that if I were to go to Mt Vernon (about 2 hours north) they have big dealers, but that's a bit far for this small stuff (like lights). I did look on eBay, but didn't think to ask if they have other stuff. Thanks for the tip.

Funny thing - when I go to Mayfield, KY to visit the inlaws in the middle of nowhere, they have a giant TSC with all kinds of goodies I wish I could find locally. And an enormous JD dealer. I can only dream from here.

/ Who wants to sell me Deere accessories? #8  
ScottK:

I understand your frustration; but the way Deere works nationwide is that if it's considered a kit or an accessory, then they make you get it from the salesman.

Individual repair/replacement parts are handled via the parts counter.

What I find frustrating is that I can order a part via the JDparts web site; but the part will be shipped to the servicing dealer on record, and never directly to the customer. Then I can go pick it up, or have the dealer ship it to me.

I suspect the Deere dealers are just as frustrated by this convoluted corporate requirement as we customers are.

/ Who wants to sell me Deere accessories? #10  
I understand your frustration; but the way Deere works nationwide is that if it's considered a kit or an accessory, then they make you get it from the salesman.

Individual repair/replacement parts are handled via the parts counter.

At least for me the above statement is False...The Parts counter handles any "non equipment" purchase...in other words anything from a JD Gas Grill to a 3rd SCV Kit is handled thru the parts counter. And it really works slick that way.
Face it, from a salesman's point of view, who they gonna service better? A customer who wants to buy an entire machine/package or someone just wanting to buy an Aux Light kit?

I will also add that prior to the dealership changing hands this spring, accessories were handled by the sales dept and it was quite cumbersome....