who will be around long term?

/ who will be around long term? #11  
I'd have to agree with SteveM, it's not just the company it's whether the tractor sold well. Up until last spring I had AC D17 built in 1957/58, never had problems finding parts. Then again, didn't need many. My fil has a JD, I don't remember the model, but it built in the 60's and he a h..l of a time finding a new or rebuilt carb for it.

/ who will be around long term? #12  
I'm of the opinion that of all the Mahindra lines, the "00" series will survive as this series tractor (their largest utiliity tractors) are built by Mahindra in India. The engines were designed by AVL in Austria (they been doin' it for a loonngg time too), the trans/differentials (both front and rear) were designed by Antonio Cararro (you also may have heard of him). Mahindra builts these for the "home" market. As such, I'm not particularly worried about parts availability for the "00" series tractors. BobG in VA

/ who will be around long term? #13  
Oldsmobile

/ who will be around long term? #14  
don't forget about resale value.
The big 3 have different values in different areas but hold a higher one than any not well known, korean or chinese tractor

/ who will be around long term? #15  
That was one of the biggest reasons I went with a Kubota was the resale value, dealer network and the availability of parts. There are other great orange tractors out there, but they don't have the support network in place nor the resale value. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ who will be around long term? #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There are other great orange tractors out there, but they don't have the support network in place )</font>

Believe what you want, but I feel my network support has been very good, Thanks..
Last time I checked I had around 10 or more dealers within 100 mile radius of me.
Whenever I want and/or need a part or filters, a simple call to my dealer, or Depratt Equipment or Wallace tractor and my part is on the way in the mail and I never leave the house.

/ who will be around long term?
Allis Chalmers was a fairly big outfit at one time. They didn't make it. Parts for my 5020 are hard to come by, but, in the last 14 years I've needed a water pump, thats all. Of course that water pump also cost 325.00 because there aren't many of them out there.

I can read all the great stories about all the tractor companies, but it is propaganda put out by them to boost consumer confidence. I'm sure AC did this right up to the end.

I like the big heavy looking mahindra. The headquarters and parts for them are about 35 miles from my house. But I'm not sure where they'll be 20+ years from now and there aren't a whole lot of mahindra dealers around my farm. I'm not talking bad about their brand. I wonder what parts will be available for any brand tractor. I feel the most confidence with deere. I guess thats why their so expensive, to keep the company floating and all those parts available. But, I'll probably go with the mihindra, because it appears tough and is affordable, and I can buy another new one one my 3 college age kids are gone, if they ever are /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

/ who will be around long term? #18  
<font color="blue"> There are other great orange tractors out there, but they don't have the support network in place nor the resale value </font>

John Deere has great product support and resale value..that is the reason I went with the green,I knew John Deere would always be there when I needed them,not to mention the resale value and the good product.

/ who will be around long term? #19  
When I was looking I wanted a 35-50 horse. Mahindra was less than just about everything out there that could compare to its features. A 3525 would have done what I wanted just fine. The 5500 seemed to be built more old shcool though. That being said I went with the 5500. It looks and drives like and old tractor that you still see working. Its got 20 hours on it now and has been a god send. After having it there is no way the 3525 would have held up. I votefor the 00 series anyday.

/ who will be around long term? #20  
I can't help but respond here about the posts regarding "resale". This seems to be a "selling point" for some as "if I don't like my green or orange tractor I can always sell to someone else for a good bit of money!". I'm now 55 and retired. I was raised on a family farm where we my Dad bought a new Ford 8N the year I was born. We still were running that Ford when I left for college. No offense, but being the offspring of two parents that were adults during the Great Depression my thoughts NEVER went to resale when I made the decision to by the Mahindra 6000. I fully expect that they will be able to dig my grave with the Bradco 511 that hangs off of that tractor in about 30 or 40 years (if I'm so Blessed as to live that long). Everyone have a good weekend and GO REDSKINS!! BobG in VA who has the Bud Light in the frig and chips on the table....