Financing Whoo-ee..Finally I own it!

/ Whoo-ee..Finally I own it! #11  
kiotiken said:
Yearly payments??? I've never heard of such a thing.
On both machines I paid 20% down with four yearly (20%) payments at 0% interest. It helps because we sell cattle in the fall, that's when I have the most money and that's when the payments are due. I had to buy them in a business name to get this from Kubota.

/ Whoo-ee..Finally I own it! #12  
Used to be the prefered way to pay with the agriculture industry. Keep cash on hand in the event a large equipment repair or replacement was needed just before or during harvest time. Yearly payment was usually made during harvest time when cash flow intake was at it peak.

On both machines I paid 20% down with four yearly (20%) payments at 0% interest. It helps because we sell cattle in the fall, that's when I have the most money and that's when the payments are due. I had to buy them in a business name to get this from Kubota.

Thanks guys, this makes sense to me now. It's very interesting and probably unique to agricultural equipment. I do see a lot of risk for both parties if there were a crop failure or other issue that wiped out a years income.

/ Whoo-ee..Finally I own it! #13  
My two machines cost me about $30/day right now just in payments. There is no way I could make normal monthly payments. But come fall its not hard to have the money ready.

/ Whoo-ee..Finally I own it! #14  
Cool, but I think I hear your dealer calling to sell you a new tractor.:laughing: