WhooHoo...got some Forks....

/ WhooHoo...got some Forks.... #1  

MotorSeven

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE Hydro
AND the best part...they were F.O.C.!
Went to the local Forklift place and talked to the Manager. It seems that they sell all of the used forks and carriages as.....yep ...scrap. I picked out a pair that came off of one of the larger brick pallet lifts that use 5-6 forks in a row. These were alot slimmer than the regular flat fork and weighed alot less. They already have the hole welded onto the top of the fork. Heck the guy even had the 5' round bar to go along with them.
I mentioned that they could actually sell these on ebay, but he didn't seem too interested. I guess it is a liability issue. Does anyone know what a pound of scrap steel go for these days? It can't be much and it seems a waste to all of us "fabricat'n scavengers" out there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Now the only problem is getting up to TN to do a little welding on my CK's bucket! I will post pic's of the project then.
Happy New Year to all ya TBN'rs.
RD

P.S. i can neither confirm nor deny that a "tip" was involved /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif!

/ WhooHoo...got some Forks.... #2  
That's about the same way I got my forks. At the time, my brother was a Matco Tool distributor and one of his customers was a New Holland dealer, but their primary business was forklifts. I think the boss was just going to give him the forks, but had once mentioned needing a new pocket knife, so my brother gave him a really nice new one from his tool truck.