whos got a real windmill

/ whos got a real windmill #1  

dieselbeef

Gold Member
Tractor
bx2200..jd 2010 loader backhoe tractor
ive got an 8 ft aeromotor from the 50's and just wondered who else uses one to pump water.
my well dried up and im fixing to get to jetting a new one. what sucks is the cyl has to be under water cuz the chek valves wont pull suction..it will only lift water...but itll lift 5k gallons a day

gary

Last edited:
   / whos got a real windmill #2  
We have a 12 footer. Pumps about 250 GPH. Been using it for the last 11 years. Had to redo the leathers in the pump 2 years ago and just changed the rods last week. Babbitt bearings finally gave up. I actually have 2-12 footers, but never got around to putting the second one up. Have not needed the additional water yet.

Here's a couple of pictures from when we pulled the pump to change the leathers.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 170
   / whos got a real windmill
wow thats a biggun....we dont really need it here...its novelty..but id like it to work....how deep is yer cylinder

/ whos got a real windmill #4  
I was going to get one. Love the things then I found out how much they cost. I was shocked

/ whos got a real windmill #5  
Is there a market for used ones? I would like to get one for my place.

/ whos got a real windmill #6  
wow thats a biggun....we dont really need it here...its novelty..but id like it to work....how deep is yer cylinder

Right now it is at 160' in a 200' hole and our tank is 75' up the hill. We have a 2 & 3/4" dia pump set on the 12" stroke. This is our source of water. ;)

/ whos got a real windmill
wow..and im bitchin bout having to do bout 30 ft..but mines fer fun to keep my pond up

used ones..ha..good luck...if ya find a decent one they wont sell it....i know of quite a few rustin to the grnd the owners wont git off...and i have offered waaaay more than they were worth

i get offers on mine weekly....but its staying

btw theyre alot more complicated than ya think...theres alot to a windmill

gary

/ whos got a real windmill #8  
From what I've seen, you can buy new for the price of used original.
The tower is the big money!

/ whos got a real windmill #9  
Used ones around here, (N. Texas) I have seen go from $1,000 to over $3,000 depending on the condition. This usually comes with the tower included.

We had 2 on our farm, I love'em, it's the only "constant squeak" that doesn't aggravate me:laughing:

/ whos got a real windmill #10  
whos got a real windmill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do.
Non pumping.

Attachments

• 04-06-11 Windmill 1.JPG
    04-06-11 Windmill 1.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 06-01-11 Martin House 1.JPG
    06-01-11 Martin House 1.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 122