Why A FEL?

/ Why A FEL? #11  
Stan - Or maybe even make it a non-issue by positioning the tractor in such a way that's it impossible to even reach the "black and silver" ones...

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif

/ Why A FEL? #12  
I will try to do that, Mark, but the problem is, I'm trying to keep the the green branches away from the black ones. If I go too far back, the branches will get too large in diameter, and I will get "static". BTW- ever price a hydraulic pole pruner? I didn't realize they were made of gold.

waver.gif
<font color=green>stan</font color=green>

/ Why A FEL? #13  
Stan - No, I can't say that I have. In fact, I didn't even know there was such a thing... So, how much are they?

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif

/ Why A FEL? #14  
Mark- the one I saw was less than 10' in length, looked like about 1 1/2" capacity, and was priced at $1185. Whew! - Back to the girl in the bucket.

waver.gif
<font color=green>stan</font color=green>

/ Why A FEL? #15  
StanInCalif
Similar trimming required here. I was considering a set of pallot forks, use a pallot w/ a sheet of plywood for floor and have my own manlift/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. It's not OSHA but it'll work around here.

Harv
Nice looking page you made
regards
Mutt

/ Why A FEL? #16  
Nice pictures!

I had to repalce the shingles on part of the house roof this fall, it's a single story house. Used the FEL on my L3000 to lift bundles of shingles to the staging level. Saved the work of lugging them up the ladder. I also use it to transport bucket loads of fire wood from the wood pile to the house.

Randy

/ Why A FEL? #17  
Harv,
What a timely post. You're right. I couldn't justify a FEL when I bought the L2500 but now I am looking to add one. Looking at the pics I realize all the things I could have made short work of if I had the FEL 2 years ago. Oh well. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with looking forward to the things I can do in the future. I'm also going to show those pics to the better half just in case she isn't TOTALLY convinced "WE" need a FEL.

Rod

/ Why A FEL? #18  
Harv,

When I looked at buying my tractor, I had problems justifying the $2k+ for a FEL. They wife, err CFO /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif, had even bigger problems with the justification.

Well, after looking around, fretting and hawing, and shifting of feet and begging and cajoaling, we decided (key word WE) that we could afford the FEL. Not having to pay sales tax was a big help also!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

At first, I though, well, every once in a while I would need the FEL. Now, I know I couldn't live without it. That one purchase has saved us tons of time and just like the pictures illustrate, it's uses are unlimited. I have pushed, pulled, lifted, banged, smashed, bashed, and crashed into (remember that thread /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif) many things.

I then added the toothbar. Woo-who!!! More fun!!

Cheaper to buy with the tractor than later on. Do it at the time of purchase!!

Terry

/ Why A FEL? #19  
Harv.... thanks for the pictures.. Does my heart good.. Our tractors look so much alike... Yes everyone get a FEL. You will do more with one than you can even start to believe. I remember telling my aunt to get a Kubota with a Front End Loader when she started to replace her old Ford N. Her reply was "a Loader!!! what on earth for" She now knows and thanks me every time we talk.

/ Why A FEL? #20  
Same idea here - sorta - bought an electric pole saw and a generator (that can be used otherwise) plan on setting the generator on a 3 pt platform, running a cord forward strapped to the fel, and put me in the bucket with the wife at the wheel and go up and down our 3 miles of "roads" in the woods trimming limbs that are encroaching (sp?) making it hard to mow those said roads.
mike