Why are tracks not popular anymore?

/ Why are tracks not popular anymore? #11  
If you loos at tracks like you look at a tool then it makes more sense. Tracks are better in Mud, Sand, maneuverability, footprint so as not to mark the turf your on, NO FLATS ( trust me, having tracks saved me hundreds of down time hrs because of flats. So in the long run all the people that whine about the price of tracks don't understand their actual value. The right tool for job. You wouldn't buy a spoon to dig a ditch would you.

If the "TOOL" works for you them price really is not a factor. If it saves you down time, ( like I said I had a flat on mu Kubota once a week, and that always cost me a day in down time, PLUS the PITA to take the tire off or have a guy coem out, not to mention ture replacement because of sidewall damage. With the tracks NEVER an issue. Even with the 4x4 on teh Kubota I always got buried in the beach sand, NEVER with the tracks, they just float on the sand.

All in all I would never go back to tires.

/ Why are tracks not popular anymore? #12  
This thread is over three years old. Maybe tracks are coming back into style now. I'm seeing a lot more Cat Challengers working ground now than I have seen in years the past.

/ Why are tracks not popular anymore? #13  
Bobcat on their equipment says to figure 8.00 dollars a hour of use for replacement of the tracks and rollers. This is just on the small track loaders and hoes.