Why Blue Is Better

/ Why Blue Is Better #1  

PitbullMidwest

Platinum Member
Tractor
1998 Kubota L2900GST
I ran across this New Holland site this weekend, I don't know if its new or not but it is a very nice site.

WhyBlueIsBetter.com

BTW, I wouldn't try this site with dialup - you've been warned /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Why Blue Is Better #2  
There was a discussion about this a while back.

In one of the videos it showed a NH, a JD and Kubota trying to get over what looked like was a RR tie and some loose material. The Kubota had turf tires and neither the Deere nor the Kubota had rear weight so they spun their tires. The NH had a weight box and R4s. It drove over. That was supposed to be an example of Sensitrac??? Excuse me but that was totally bogus!

Another video showed a "class 2" NH up against a Kubota B3030. So they take a moderately heavy tractor, don't tell us what horsepower it has, and they compare it to the lightest weight 30hp series tractor on the planet in a traction test? Seriously, could they have rigged the test any more? Why not compare it to a similar weight/similar capacity tractor like the L3130? OH WAIT, it might not win!?!

Then there was the bouncing video where the had 4 tractors to prove the NH had a smoother ride. Well I'm not really sure it does or doesn't. But the video again showed some pretty questionable things, specifically the tiny Kubota model that bounced around the course. They could at least have compared similar size tractors! Of course the smallest machine will bounce the most. And it seemed obvious that they had the 3pt arms lowered on the first 3 tractors to exagerate the bouncing effect, but they had them raised on the NH to minimize the appearance.

The video for the SuperSteer was legit. Guess they didn't need to stack the deck on that one!?!

Bear in mind, I am a NH owner. I believe it is good enough to stand on its own against the competitors because of its design features. Of course many of those were not highlighted in the video

They actually took my suggestion from my prior post and compared the front view over the hood to the ground, the Boomer was at 3.5 feet, the JD and Kubota were at 8+ feet. However, they didn't say what Boomer they were comparing? The JD & Kubota were both roughly 43/45hp tractors, what was the Boomer?

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Advertising that is so obviously biased against other products tends to really turn me off. To say that I am disappointed in NH for that website is a massive understatement.

/ Why Blue Is Better
Hi Bob,
I figured the NH guys had seen this site and obviously you've spent more time analyzing the videos then I have. I did notice some of the things you pointed out but knowing it was a NH ad took them with a grain of salt.

One reason I posted the link is I thought it was a very nicely made website. To bad other companies don't put as much effect into their websites. Some (who will remain nameless) don't even show photos of their products or list the specs.

Anyway, the link is there if anyone is interested.

/ Why Blue Is Better #4  
I just went back and took a look at the site again. The one thing I hadn't noticed on the opening page before is the text that appears when you mouse over the TN and the TC. The indicate the TN is for those with 15+ acres and the TC, inclucding the TC55 is for lots from 0 to 15 acres. Interesting, I always knew most everybody on this site had too small tractors... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Andy

/ Why Blue Is Better #5  
Fun little site to look at...

The "obstacle" test is obviously out-of-whack, like is noted above. SensaTrack looks nice, but a better representation would have served them better.

The "ride" test is also misleading. While the NH's longer wheelbase should reasonably give it a better ride, comparing it to the smallest Kubota/Kioti even remotely in the same engine HP range is wrong.

Nonetheless, I'm a NH fan and think a great deal of their equipment.

/ Why Blue Is Better #7  
Bob I could not agree more. Your obeservations were the same as mine. I also thought the loader demonstration was pretty hokey.

/ Why Blue Is Better #8  
It appears as though the JD and Kubota were not in four wheel drive on the comparo of the sub compacts. I suppose that is the point, but I for one usually run my tractor in four wheel drive mode if I am not on pavement. It would have rendered this test moot. The other interesting thing is that the announcer of that specific test sounds exactly (as in the same person) as the announcer on the JD website who shows the JD pull off with the Kubota. If you have a chance take a listen and see if you agree. Is he a traitor?

John M

/ Why Blue Is Better #9  
maybe they are using the same company to put together the site. New Holland does not do this stuff in-house.

Here is a good laugh for you, I was just a model for a dealer trainging website. -See attachment.

Attachments

• 874728-Untitled-5 copy.jpg
    874728-Untitled-5 copy.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 321
   / Why Blue Is Better #10  
no problem being a model,, which of these two ugly guys are you?