Why buy a ball hitch mount?

/ Why buy a ball hitch mount? #11  
The receiver hitch is far more versitile and once it's installed (frame mounted or 3 point) no tools are required to change from ball to drawbar or any other special type of hitch. As with all attachments, you must understand limits and safety requirements.

/ Why buy a ball hitch mount? #12  
I had a ball hitch installed on the bucket of my BX25. It's not good for big turns, however, it's nice to have in a pinch.

Attachments

• Kubota BX25 Ball 2 EM.JPG
    Kubota BX25 Ball 2 EM.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 763
  • Kubota BX25 Ball #1.jpg
    Kubota BX25 Ball #1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 435
   / Why buy a ball hitch mount? #14  
Its nice to be able to pull up to the trailer, raise the 3 pt and hook into it. For trailers too heavy to move by hand it makes lining up much easier and you can just get off once to hook safety chains etc. also for heavy trailers you need to lift the tongue to fold up the jack or get it off the ground. The drawbar is too low for that on most small machines.

/ Why buy a ball hitch mount? #15  
Here's my version of a 3-pt hitch tow ball. I went to a local Tractor Supply and purchased the drawbar. Then mounted a 2" ball. The H bracket was fabricated by a welder I know. The whole thing cost about $80. It's good for light duty towing and can be swapped between my BX25 and B3030.

Attachments

• Kubota BX25 Trailer Hitch.jpg
    Kubota BX25 Trailer Hitch.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,095
  • Kubota and Log Splitter.jpg
    Kubota and Log Splitter.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,124
  • Kubota B3030 & Log Splitter.jpg
    Kubota B3030 & Log Splitter.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 365
   / Why buy a ball hitch mount? #16  
I am not sure if the stay straps will work on a bx.

no toplink eh?

if it's got a toplink and lower lift arms i don't see why stay straps would not be able to work...??

/ Why buy a ball hitch mount? #17  
I put my receiver on the drawbar that my cherry picker is mounted on, the picker is bolted on top with the bolts going down through the receiver plate. That way I have my 3rd link to control it and I use chains to set height for the trailer, I have a 2N ford not much hydraulic control.

Randy

/ Why buy a ball hitch mount? #18  
no toplink eh?

if it's got a toplink and lower lift arms i don't see why stay straps would not be able to work...??

I think the stay straps would be to long, the draw bar would be real low. I will have to try it sometime and see now.

/ Why buy a ball hitch mount? #19  
I think the stay straps would be to long, the draw bar would be real low. I will have to try it sometime and see now.

the ones i use are adjustable 2 part bars. needs 2 thus 4 parts.. they telescope toghther then you set a locking nut.. and that keep the 3pt drawbar from lifting.. though if you use the 3pt.. there is probbaly enough force to pretzle-ize the stay bars.. :)

/ Why buy a ball hitch mount? #20  
the ones i use are adjustable 2 part bars. needs 2 thus 4 parts.. they telescope toghther then you set a locking nut.. and that keep the 3pt drawbar from lifting.. though if you use the 3pt.. there is probbaly enough force to pretzle-ize the stay bars.. :)

That is one thing everyone does, but only once! Once bars are in place, make sure you disconnect the pump drive on the N series, or close the 3 point control valve on newer tractors. Here is a half way decent pic of the stay bars. Philip.

Attachments

• SWINGDBAR04.jpg
    SWINGDBAR04.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 259