Why buy one?

/ Why buy one? #81  
Because I can.My tractor or pickup does not have a hydro dump box.Plus my dog loves going for rides.LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
  • Ford Truck 173.jpg
    Ford Truck 173.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 135
   / Why buy one? #82  
It's a 6 foot bed. Most of the Mahindra lineup is made by Intimidator in Arkansas. I looked at one of the Intimidator trucks at a local dealer. Not a bad machine, but it will only run a little over 30 mph with either the gas or diesel engine, so it is purely a work UTV. They seem to be well made. The drop sides are better than the removable sides on the new Can Am 6 foot bed. I could see where it would be a really handy farm or jobsite tool.

Truck Series | Intimidator Inc.

Even has an option for an aluminum bed too. 6' bed!

/ Why buy one? #83  
My wife and I have been discussing getting a side by side. The biggest reason her RA makes it hard for her to walk long distances and it would make it easier for her to get around the farm. Plus, it is easier for her to get on and off a SS verses climbing up and down off the tractor.

One of the reasons I have a John Deere TX 4x2 for the wife. A simple Kawasaki twin powered SxS UTV with rear wheel drive that is very easy to maintain and has a strong reliability and can haul and tow a decent amount. But it allows my wife to get around better on the property. Easy on, easy off. I saved quite a bit on mine. It was one that JD used at their Des Moines facility. Was a year old and only 168 hrs and it has the better HPAP tires and a windscreen. Got full warranty and $2000 cheaper than a new one. If one checks things like tractorhouse.com or other similar venues, they can come across some pretty good buys. And i have found that even though it is 2 wheel drive, it actually does a pretty darn good job on the property. It has differential lock and she hasn't had the need for 4x4 capability.

Last edited:
   / Why buy one? #84  
One of the reasons I have a John Deere TX 4x2 for the wife. A simple Kawasaki twin powered SxS UTV with rear wheel drive that is very easy to maintain and has a strong reliability and can haul and tow a decent amount. But it allows my wife to get around better on the property. Easy on, easy off. I saved quite a bit on mine. It was one that JD used at their Des Moines facility. Was a year old and only 168 hrs and it has the better HPAP tires and a windscreen. Got full warranty and $2000 cheaper than a new one. If one checks things like tractorhouse.com or other similar venues, they can come across some pretty good buys. And i have found that even though it is 2 wheel drive, it actually does a pretty darn good job on the property. It has differential lock and she hasn't had the need for 4x4 capability.

My wife has probably put more miles on the Defender than I have. It has given her the freedom to go almost anywhere on the property she wants to go. Our place is pretty rugged so there is a serious need for 4WD in some places, but most of our driving is still in turf mode. With differential lock and good tires you should be able to go most anywhere you need to.

/ Why buy one? #85  
The Kawasaki mule i have has 1 wheel drive, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive options. Wife doesnt tear up lawn in summer using 1 wheel drive

/ Why buy one? #86  
My property has a bunch of places I need to get to for clearing/forestry management activities but the tractor or F-250 wont make it. Slope, terrain (rocks, wood, uneven), and clearances make the UTV an ideal machine. I need something to carry the saw, other materials, and pull logs out of tight spots if needed. The added bonus for me is snow plowing with a heated cab (which could have been done with a truck) but I wanted more maneuverability. With an ATV trailer (MUTS) it makes the machine even more productive. I can get it with the MUTS almost anywhere...but the tractor and truck just cant make it.

If I had fairly flat terrain with lots of space between trees and few rocks it would be different.

/ Why buy one? #87  
The Kawasaki mule i have has 1 wheel drive, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive options. Wife doesnt tear up lawn in summer using 1 wheel drive

Never thought of it that way, but that's how mine is too. Amazing how many places it goes in 1 wheel drive. I rarely use the locker, just when I'm heading out and it's either supper muddy, or it has just snowed. With it in 4 wheel drive and the locker engaged, I can go through pretty much anything.

/ Why buy one? #88  
I really miss having my RTV900 that I traded in on the Toolcat. Tough little work vehicle that I used to help me in many chores like cutting trees, fencing, snow plowing, hauling,. It was just easier to use than a truck when you are in tight quarters.

I agree. I have $5500 in my RTV900. I won't sell it. Great tool. Wish it was a cab model. But not for the $20K that it would cost. :)

/ Why buy one? #89  
NO Child should operate something like this.

Age 6? If it isn't already criminal (which is probably is), it should be.

My grandkids have commonly driven my SxS at age 6. Only reason they don't drive my offroad buggy is thry can't reach the pedals.

/ Why buy one? #90  
We had a "trail limo" 4-seat, 1000cc, 70+mph Artic Cat that my wife wanted, so that we could tag along with her son and grandkids on beach and desert trips. One trip to the beach was all that one got - she was terrified by the traffic in the dunes and absolutely hated it. The long wheelbase required a huge turning radius, making it a poor choice in the woods. The desert was better suited to 4x4 trucks, SUVs and Jeeps. We sold it at a substantial loss, and bought a ten year old Yamaha Rhino. Much more suited to our property - goes anywhere, doesn't break, and cost a lot less. Much better fit for our use. Hauls tools, chainsaws, folding tables, chairs, hay bales, even a harrow a couple of times a year.
I have some disabilities that limit my mobility in rough/steep terrain. The Rhino allows me easy access to all my property, and that allows me to do a lot of work that I couldn't otherwise. It handles mud and tight quarters better than my 4x4 truck, is far more nimble than my Jeep, and is very easy to drive. It only does about 35mph, but it rarely gets driven even half that fast. Makes a great recovery vehicle for the hotrod sand buggy crowd, too.