WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23

/ WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23 #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
On my new snowblower,the dealer says i need a remote to plug into to run the chute control.Idont see why i cant plug into my backhoe portsjust like i was hooking up the hoe[utilizing out and return line]run it to a log splitter control handle,which i mount permanetly in my cab,then run out to the blower with the two hoses,to operate the double acting cylinder on the chute control.Idont really want a remote if i dont need one.It aint like i can run the hoe and blower at the same time:rolleyes::rolleyes:When im getting ready for winter i can put the cab on,install the blower and using the quick connects simply hook it up.WHY WONT IT WORK?The dealer didnt answer me,he only seemed to want to install a 750 dollar remote.Id like to not have this moved to hydraulics,because mabey there is someone with a bx22,23 or 24 who has done this
ALAN

/ WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23 #2  
That will work just fine, plumbing a valve into the powerbeyond line that feeds the hoe has been done lots of times before...

Just make sure the valve is a Open Center, 4-way, and Spring return to neutral valve.

Lots of info like this in the hydraulics forum...

/ WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23
That will work just fine, plumbing a valve into the powerbeyond line that feeds the hoe has been done lots of times before...

Just make sure the valve is a Open Center, 4-way, and Spring return to neutral valve.

Lots of info like this in the hydraulics forum...

Thanks,KENNY i was hoping it would work.My neighbor who works for a heavy equipment company thought it would after i took the plate off the hoe controls to show him what was there.Looked like the same idea as a log splitter control,just with multiple ports.Ibelieve its called an open centered system,is that correct?He was worried it might be a closed centered system?
Iknow 100 bucks for a control valve is a heck of a lot better than 500 for the parts for a remote
I will mount it in the cab,when i take off the hoe,and mount the blower, and put my cab on ,simply plug it in:
Dont think id ever use the remote for any thing
ALAN

/ WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23 #4  
Ibelieve its called an open centered system,is that correct?He was worried it might be a closed centered system?

Yes, read this again:D

Open Center, 4-way, and Spring return to neutral valve.

KENNY,
Iwas also wondering about relief.Would i have some sort of protection,or should i say does the lines with the backhoe unhooked have some sort of relief ,or would the valve i buy have it? Im not the greatest with hydraulics,but i try:D
ALAN

/ WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23 #6  
Your system has a mian relif valve on the tractor, and the new valve may or may not have a relief valve on it...you will be fine.

/ WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23 #7  
If this is the Kubota blower and quick hitch, then you will only be using one circuit on your loader valve for raise and lower. I think you could used the other (dump/curl) to run the chute.

KB

/ WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23 #8  
Are you using the Kubota front blower using the subframe and loader control valve or is this a rear mounted blower?

If rear, I understand but if front why are you not using the loader valve? It would have to be a 4 way - not 3 as the regen port for the bucket circuit won't return the chute.

Anyhow - just wondering why all the plumbing when the 4 way loader valve makes this easy.

Are you using the Kubota front blower using the subframe and loader control valve or is this a rear mounted blower?

If rear, I understand but if front why are you not using the loader valve? It would have to be a 4 way - not 3 as the regen port for the bucket circuit won't return the chute.

Anyhow - just wondering why all the plumbing when the 4 way loader valve makes this easy.
Iam keeping my loader on
Its a rear mounted blower[PRONOVOST PUMA]Iam looking in NORTHERN TOOL,cant figure out which one best suits my application.Trying to go by what KENNY D said.OPEN CENTERED ,spring return,4 way.
If anyone could reccomend one from a paticular # id appreciate it.
ALAN

/ WHY DO I NEED A REMOTE PORT?bx-23 #10  
Does it have to be from Northern Tool? Can I link something from the Surplus center?