Why do tractors never break down in the shop

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #11  
I can't see your pics for whatever reason. But...
I've had some wear/fatigue in those wires and figured out that the 1850 operating envelope is a good way to get a gravity assisted short.

Good time to double check the old fire extinguisher!

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #12  
That fuse is a symptom of your bigger problem not your problem replacing the fuse and not fixing the problem is behaviour that leads to a bigger problem in a more awkward place and time in the future exactly the issue you are complaining about

For starters his fuse holder is junk. An overload would have blown the fuse and MAYBE caused a little heat discoloring near the top of the fuse. The burnt spades indicate a poor connection between the fuse and the contacts of the fuse holder.

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #13  
   / Why do tractors never break down in the shop #14  
For starters his fuse holder is junk. An overload would have blown the fuse and MAYBE caused a little heat discoloring near the top of the fuse. The burnt spades indicate a poor connection between the fuse and the contacts of the fuse holder.

Roger that, the poor connection at the fuse spades generated heat which started to melt the rest. Anyway you are lucky the tractor didn't coast over the edge. I know when I am working like that, down hill with a drop off, it is a little nerve racking with no brake pedal.:shocked:

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop
Rick. Thanks for the advice. I did a deep dive on it and it’s in a very dirty place on the tractor with little protection. Ordering a different holder. Ms on my machine we have automatic locking brakes. The second the engine dies all wheels lock. This machine is designed for 45 degree slopes.

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #16  
This thread reminds me of when I have problems with my snow plow or sander when it’s 10* outside.. and I realize I never have problems with either one in July.

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #17  
I guess it is just something else for me to worry about. I don't know what the grades are that my PTs work on, but I do know that they are too steep for the 2-wheel parking brake to hold the machine stopped. So in an area with a drop off, even if I could rapidly engage the parking brake, it would only slow down the inevitable. But what are the odds of the engine dying right at that time?????:irked:

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #18  
I guess it is just something else for me to worry about. I don't know what the grades are that my PTs work on, but I do know that they are too steep for the 2-wheel parking brake to hold the machine stopped. So in an area with a drop off, even if I could rapidly engage the parking brake, it would only slow down the inevitable. But what are the odds of the engine dying right at that time?????:irked:

The odds are pretty good if you consider the engines in your machine and my machine aren't designed to fuel or lubricate at those angles.
We have no brakes.
Since the parking brakes on our machines are pins in holes on spinning rotors, they won't engage at speed, or even slow the machine.
I'm more concerned about rupturing a hose on a steep slope VS the engine dying anyway.

Best bet is to force the implement into the ground with the FEL. But if you have a mower deck on, well, that's just like stepping on a skateboard and you go faster. :laughing:

I usually mow/brush cut uphill in uncertain areas on my first pass, so that I know the path down should something happen. There's places on my property that I've only seen twice in 31 years, so I go slow and just stay out of a few of those areas altogether. The neighbor that hunts my property tells me it's a buck factory, so at least he appreciates my hands-off approach to those areas.

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #19  
One reason to add a 3pt hitch on back and carry a ripper tooth to drop as an anchor:eek:

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #20  
Maybe you didn't build the shop in the right place?...............just sayin.......