WHY DO WE NEED A WINTER AND A SUMMER BLEMD OF DIESEL.

/ WHY DO WE NEED A WINTER AND A SUMMER BLEMD OF DIESEL.
Sure, it is possible to burn winter fuel in the summer, but it will cost more than summer grade fuel.

But not as much as dumping out 30 to 50 gallon of wenter blend and replacing it with summer fuel.

/ WHY DO WE NEED A WINTER AND A SUMMER BLEMD OF DIESEL. #12  
LBrown, run whatever fuel you have and don't worry about it. If you have winter blended fuel, running it thru the summer won't hurt. If you have summer blended fuel, add some kero and anti gell and run it thru the winter. You have that high tech fuel set up. You should be able to custom blend whatever you want,need or think you need or want.

Sincerely, Dirt

LBrown, run whatever fuel you have and don't worry about it. If you have winter blended fuel, running it thru the summer won't hurt. If you have summer blended fuel, add some kero and anti gell and run it thru the winter. You have that high tech fuel set up. You should be able to custom blend whatever you want,need or think you need or want.

Sincerely, Dirt
That's my conclusion buy what's available at the time use what I have at the moment an don't fuss with it or worry about it.

/ WHY DO WE NEED A WINTER AND A SUMMER BLEMD OF DIESEL. #14  
I buy 500 gallon at a time and my only concern is the price per gallon. I never worry about what blend it might be or how long it will be stored in the tank. Sometimes it may take 6 months to go thru 500 gallon, other times it may take 2 years. No use worrying about it. I think there is a lot of obsessing over fuel for no reason. Never had any water problems, go bad or gell in 13 years.

Sincerely, Dirt

I buy 500 gallon at a time and my only concern is the price per gallon. I never worry about what blend it might be or how long it will be stored in the tank. Sometimes it may take 6 months to go thru 500 gallon, other times it may take 2 years. No use worrying about it. I think there is a lot of obsessing over fuel for no reason. Never had any water problems, go bad or gell in 13 years.

Sincerely, Dirt[/quote
I'm startin to come to the same conclusion.

/ WHY DO WE NEED A WINTER AND A SUMMER BLEMD OF DIESEL. #16  
Think the distributors to Vermont used to actually put up to 1/3 kerosene into their winter diesel, to lower its cloud point. Kerosene goes a long way to keep wax that causes the cloud in solution. Kerosene is what we use in propane dewaxing of lubricating oil to clean the wax from the filter cloths.

I know our 100 neutral distillate used to make 5 grade oil was often dumped into the diesel pool. It may not be in the winter because this stuff has a fairly high cloud point unless it is dewaxed. Some refineries employ distillate (e.g. about diesel grade) hydrodewaxing facilities. These are likely combined into the hydro facilities to make ULSD now. Could be a lot of the refineries do hydrodewaxing combined with the extra hydro (hydrogen) treatment to make ULSD now. This would could enable more of them to keep the kerosene in jet fuel as the incentive. This practice could disappear the difference in energy content of summer and winter diesel (e.g. the adding of kerosene to lower the cloud point lowers the energy content).

Ralph

/ WHY DO WE NEED A WINTER AND A SUMMER BLEMD OF DIESEL. #17