Why does it cost so much to repair a tractor?

/ Why does it cost so much to repair a tractor? #81  
I know this is an old post but had to add to it .
Old saying goes
Fast , cheap or reliable . Pick two
You don't get all three !
I had a guy come to the farm to put on a new tire and tube on rear of an 4020 .
Next morning tire was flat .
He came out again changed the tube it all looked good . Next morning tire was flat . He pulled the tube , first thing I saw was " made in China " . My look must of been ugly cause he jumped in his truck and brought a good tube made in USA .
My Vermeer baler broke a chain this summer ! A baler made in Iowa you would really think it was really made Iowa . Nope, stamped on chain , " made in China ".
That 4020 is going to be 50 years old soon and is still a dam fine Tractor ! No parts from cheap China ! It was built back when great people ran the companies ! Now bean counters
And fat chunky CEO run the companies .

/ Why does it cost so much to repair a tractor? #82  
I know this is an old post but had to add to it .
Old saying goes
Fast , cheap or reliable . Pick two
You don't get all three !
I had a guy come to the farm to put on a new tire and tube on rear of an 4020 .
Next morning tire was flat .
He came out again changed the tube it all looked good . Next morning tire was flat . He pulled the tube , first thing I saw was " made in China " . My look must of been ugly cause he jumped in his truck and brought a good tube made in USA .
My Vermeer baler broke a chain this summer ! A baler made in Iowa you would really think it was really made Iowa . Nope, stamped on chain , " made in China ".
That 4020 is going to be 50 years old soon and is still a dam fine Tractor ! No parts from cheap China ! It was built back when great people ran the companies ! Now bean counters
And fat chunky CEO run the companies .

I couldn't agree more, that's why I own old tractors and they get the job done with minimal problems if any. The 4020 is a great example of fine workmanship that will
continue working the farms for the next 50 years or longer..

/ Why does it cost so much to repair a tractor? #83  
I agree. I am not looking for trouble but buying American products is not normally my first choice. I used to buy American made cars and tools but got burned more than once. Switched to Toyota, Bosch, Makita, Kubota and Stihl and have been very happy.

I will acknowledge that some foreign products are made in America, but there is a difference in design standards and quality control. American companies cheapen products with lesser quality parts, lighter weight materials, plastic where it once was steel, etc.

I also know from the corporate world how service has diminished a great deal.