Why don’t you own a toothbar?

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #1  

Lucky_Ducky

Tractor
MX6000 w/ cab
Why do you not have a toothbar on your bucket?

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #2  
I never felt the need for it... I have a root grappler for wood stuff and I never felt the need for it for gravel work.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #3  
My take. Right now I have the toothbar on the bucket because I was ripping up a temp "road" of 2"- rock. It helps getting under the rock to loosen it. I also ripped up my garden space to redo everything.
Once that is done the bar will come off until needed again. The smooth edges is much better for 90% of my uses. Cleaning ditches, picking up debris/manure, carrying firewood or creek gravel.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #4  
Never felt any need. I suppose 25 years ago when I did a bit of grading I could of used one, but I did fine without it.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #5  
I would prefer NOT to have a toothbar on but the ground on my property is so hard (even after hard rains) it just makes since to have one. However since it is held on with only two bolts it is easy enough to take off and put back on.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #6  
This may sound awfully picky, but all the tooth bars I've noticed for sale mount with little tabs on the ends, which looks very flimsy to me. My (straight) bucket edge is nice and sturdy and has 5 bolt holes, and it just looks to me like those would be the only decent way of mounting a tooth bar.

If I knew of one with matching holes, or one where you specify hole locations (like my urethane bucket edge), or even one where I was sure I could drill the holes myself (meaning the backbone of the tooth bar covered the hole areas properly), I'd probably spring for it.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #7  
I have one but seldom use it

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #8  
Because most buckets on tractors are to lightly built and it will tear them up. A scarifier on the 3 point is much better at taking the abuse

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #9  
Why do you not have a toothbar on your bucket?
I have two buckets. A large light material bucket and a small rock bucket with teeth. And a quick attach system that allows me to switch buckets in less than 15 seconds without getting out of the seat. :LOL:

IMG_3625.jpeg